Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading images to your posts from your own computer/mobile

OK, this should now be working.

The previous method still works, however, uploading direct from your computer should work now. The process is:

To upload from your own computer

1. Click the Image icon in the editor bar
    2. Click the Image upload tab
    3. Click Choose File
    4. Find and select your file (GIF, JPG, PNG)
    5. Click Send it to the Server
    6. The Image Info tab will now be displayed, with a URL of "filedata/fetch?filedataid=x" where x is a number
    7. Add a Title and Description if you want
    8. Click OK

If you get "Image source URL is missing", it means that you have clicked OK on the Upload tab and not clicked Send it to the Server

I've got a few limits on file size (these are now being stored on the OTF server) and there are a lot of options, so if you get an error, please let me know, along with the file type, size (in Kb and also height / width) and I'll try and track it down.

As a side note: It no longer matters if the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" checkbox is ticked or not

For a short video on how to do it - https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...ges_to_OTF.mp4

Comment

mindgames.jpg

Comment

Seems simple enough.

Comment

20211220_172500.jpg

Comment

And works from my phone too.
            Nice work Snake. Hopefully the last time my wife will look at me quizzically as I shout "stupid useless fucking shitty crappy photo uploading bollocks fuck" whilst trying to upload a screenshot of Wordle.

Comment

D97E0931-2556-4A50-B6F5-BC006F69591C.jpg

Comment

IMG_20211226_135040043~2.jpg

Comment

That seemed to work! Great stuff Snakey, thank you.

Above pic was successfully uploaded from my phone – of a lovely 17-year-old cat a friend was landed with to look after when owners went away between Christmas and New Year. I helped with the babysitting when she couldn't be around. As can be seen, it wasn't a hardship.

Comment

I seem to be doing something wrong here.

1. I click on the photo button in the top-left of the reply box.
                    2. I get the choice between "Upload" and "Select from Photo Album". The latter does nothing. The former opens up a Windows dialog screen to select the photo.
                    3. I get some Facebook-style screen where I can reorder photos, give each a header, and provide an overarching album title.
                    4. When posting the photo(s), the forum tells me I made a post in this thread, but I can see it nowhere.

I never get a choice to "Send it to the server" during the process. I'd post a screenshot of some of these steps, but, you know...

Comment

It’s not the slightly blue camera icon , it’s the grey image in the main editor bar (starting bold, italic, underline…)

Comment

1DE5FBE8-AA61-4ECA-9AED-4A7D73BD73A4.jpg

Comment

Ah. That'll teach me to type my bbcode myself, instead of using editor bars. Thanks for the details!

Comment

250.jpg

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Ooh! Lovely stuff Wouter.

Comment

Is there a simple way of adding something to make the picture appear at a reasonable size, too?

Comment

In the Image info tab, you can set the height / width.

Comment

More excellent news. As an addendum to TonTon's very useful question and your reply, for reference roughly how many pixels wide does a forum post appear on a desktop? And will it resize things for mobile users automatically if we set our pictures to look nice at desktop size?

Comment

Well you can experiment with it 'live' for any uploaded or linked image, always have been able to.

When I link to an image I've put on Imgur or similar, I hate to clog the thread up with an ungainly huge picture so always resize it in the Image Properties dialog box to something like 400 or 600 px wide, and then see how the preview looks – it appears in the editor window at the size it will appear at when posted. If it's too big (or too small) I then double-click on it to bring the Image Properties box back up, and change the number until it looks about right.

If you view something on mobile it'll appear the same size pixel-wise, it won't resize it again proportionately. That is, if you set it to appear at say 500 px wide on desktop (i.e. about half the width of the window), it won't appear half the width of your mobile screen as well, it'll just fit it to the available width of the phone screen.
                                        Last edited by Various Artist; 10-02-2022, 22:04.

Comment

Can one choose to only set either the height or the width, so that the forum will automatically choose the other dimension such that the aspect ratio is maintained?

It's okay if the answer is "no". I just want to know.

Comment

You can do that Wouter D . You just have to click the little padlock which will lock/unlock the automatic ratio adjustment. I've just used that to make your avatar four times wider:

edit: ok, that didn't work, despite my preview clearly showing it all stretched, the actual post looks like a normal ratio...
                                            Last edited by lambers; 10-02-2022, 22:31.

Comment

Yes. The ratio is automatically maintained, unless you click the little 'padlock' symbol next to the Width and Height boxes in that Image Info tab, which will allow you to resize the height and width independently of each other – though I don't know why anyone would want to!

Edit: Cross-post with lambers!

Comment

Width 200

7979601098_8dcdfdbf38_c.jpg

Width 300

Width 400

7979601098_8dcdfdbf38_c.jpg

Width 500

Attached Files

Comment

Excellent replies, cheers gents.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X