Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF forum as a Heathrow airport security risk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF forum as a Heathrow airport security risk?

Intriguing post by ad hoc on Facebook where he states that OTF is one of the few sites blocked by Heathrow wi-fi, as the website isn't deemed secure - can Snake shed any light on the matter?

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
    Intriguing post by ad hoc on Facebook where he states that OTF is one of the few sites blocked by Heathrow wi-fi, as the website isn't deemed secure - can Snake shed any light on the matter?
    I did refer ad hoc to his rather forthright post about Russia on the Euro 2020(1) forum.

Comment

We have a valid SSL certificate so I don't know why it would do that.

Comment

It wasn't necessarily a security risk

"Acceptable Use Policy Violation
        Category: Sports
        The website you are trying to access either presents a security risk or is not allowed under your organization's acceptable use policy.
        If you think you are receiving this message in error, please contact your IT help desk."

I did get the option of, in modern IT parlance "opening a ticket", but I tried that and it was obviously for the LHR admin to contact Boingo which provides the Internet. Not quite sure why a Sports (sic) site should constitute unacceptable use. Gambling?
        ​​​​​​
        ​​

Comment

There's somebody else now who says he hasn't been able to access the site for weeks (I don't know who as I'm terrible at connecting real names to OTF names)

Comment

Probably we end up getting blacklisted by default in some places. I assume that we get categorised under "Sport" and the ISP / company proxy automatically blocks all sites in that category.

Comment

Working...
            X