No announcement yet.

OTF - structure and finance discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting the current work project out of the way (next ten days) and then I'm setting something up. Just need to faff around setting up a no-cost bank account.

FWIW, total costs so far are ~£140. Currently OTF costs me £30 / month.

Comment

Any progress on what the payment structure might look like, Snake Plissken?

(I know you have an actual life and a real name and that, like.)

Comment

His real name is Snake Plissken.

Comment

Maybe snake can set up one of those cawfee things for ongoing small donations?

Comment

OK, I'm currently setting up the bank account for it.

Basically, the previous plan was predicated on it costing ~200 / month as that is what it was under WSC. Right now, it's slightly under £40 / month - off the top of my head it's cost me £300 all in since about June. So once I get the separate account set up (I'm just paranoid about using either my business or personal accounts to hold other peoples money) then I'll set up a donation page. We'll use Stripe, because it is dead easy to get up and running to do one-off or recurring donations. Also BACS details will be available.

But yeah, getting the costs down to £40 / month kind of took the urgency out of things.

Comment

Good stuff Snake.

Comment

Extremely good value for a professionally-run site.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Snake Plissken two questions:

1. Is the framework in place to set up payments and
                    2. Do you have some way of us buying you a pint for all your incredible work?

Comment

He should set up a buy me a coffee.

Comment

Yes, a couple of volunteers tested the donations website - I just need to find an evening to switch it into live.

Comment

Seriously though Snake Plissken do you have a buy you a coffee or similar page?

Comment

OnlyFans?

Just kidding. No. And there, genuinely, is no need. I'll accept a pint at a future 'Thon or something though.

Comment

Working...
                            X