vBulletin 5.5.6 PL1 - Post hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    I produced so much brilliant OTF content in the hours between the last back-up and the hack, though. It was hilarious, insightful and deeply compassionate. Now it is lost forever. Now none of you will ever be able to read it and will just have to take me at my word about how utterly world-class all those posts were.

Actually, someone who shall remain nameless did post some fairly incendiary comments which have been lost. I wonder if they'll be re-submitted.

Comment

And echoing the thanks to Snake for getting things up and running again.

Comment

Thanks, Ken.

Comment

Thanks

Reminds me it's time to make a donation

Comment

Is there likely to be a problem if, like me, you've forgotten your current password when choosing a new one?

Comment

Many thanks for fixing this, Snakey.

Antepli Ejderha I seem to have fixed the home page issue by clearing the cache and history in Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                Is there likely to be a problem if, like me, you've forgotten your current password when choosing a new one?
                You can logout and use the Forgot My Password process to reset it, assuming your email address is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                  Many thanks for fixing this, Snakey.

Antepli Ejderha I seem to have fixed the home page issue by clearing the cache and history in Chrome.
                  Worked for me too, thanks.

Comment

500 dollars ransom seemed a bit cheap.

Comment

Say, you’re that Ken Snakepiss ain’t ya? Well thanks!

Comment

Salute, Snake!

Comment

Much obliged for your hard work, El Serpento. Is it pathetic that I really missed it yet still got no1thing done?

Comment

Thanks for staying alert.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

You can logout and use the Forgot My Password process to reset it, assuming your email address is correct.
                              It is. But the emails from the site never get through to it. Not even to the junk folder. I've tried twice today again, fairly forlornly.
                              Which leaves me in the bizarre position that the Indonesian hackers know my password... and I don't. Except I do remember it was unique to OTF, and I've never put any personal information into my profile, so they don't have anything of much value.

Comment

Interesting - I'll see if there is an issue. Meanwhile, if you can PM me your email address, I will check the email address in the backend and reset the password, then mail it over to you.

For the avoidance of doubt, the hackers do not know your password. What they have is a copy of the encrypted password which they might, possibly, be able to attack if given sufficient time and resources. I would estimate this as extremely unlikely given the way the passwords are encrypted, but this is a better safe than sorry approach.

Comment

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                    I produced so much brilliant OTF content in the hours between the last back-up and the hack, though. It was hilarious, insightful and deeply compassionate. Now it is lost forever. Now none of you will ever be able to read it and will just have to take me at my word about how utterly world-class all those posts were.
                                    Oh, cry me a river. Some of us (by which I mean, I) drew with ad hoc at chess! And then promptly came here to gloat about it post a message politely expressing my joy, only to be met with the hackers' message. I had to tell people about it on fucking Facebook, of all places.

Thanks for getting us back up, Snake. I'll try and reset my password again soon. When I tried earlier it kept telling me my two new passwords didn't match each other (they did).

Comment

Fuck it, some Indonesian hackers know my password. Better re-encrypt with some deft programming

Java?

No, think they were from Sulawesi

Comment

And big thanks to the Snakehipped overlord

Comment

Testing diacritical marks:

Gal?pagos
                                          Bar?a
                                          Z?rich

On edit: function broken.

Comment

Trying to get that one fixed - it has to be done via the support at the ISP. Basically, the table collations are all messed up.

Comment

T?rk?e, thanks for letting us know Snake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                500 dollars ransom seemed a bit cheap.
                                                I thought that until about my 7th attempt
                                                to get in. I had to dip into my savings!

Thanks Snake

Comment

As Snake said, it is at the ISP level and therefore universal for us

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                    Trying to get that one fixed - it has to be done via the support at the ISP. Basically, the table collations are all messed up.
                                                    Any update on this, Snake?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X