Posting pics in threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting pics in threads

Apologies if this has been dealt with before, but what's the reason JPG pics can't be included in posts? It seems to be the most common picture format online.

It is an annoying feature. You have to untick that box below (Retrieve remote file and reference locally) and it will work.

Comment

cool, cheers, the OTF massive will be delighted to see a picture of Steve Staunton in goalkeeper kit as a result

Comment

I've tried to change that tick so that it is off by default and ended up breaking the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          I've tried to change that tick so that it is off by default and ended up breaking the board.
          I suspected it was something you couldn't change. Because if you could have done you would have - it is probably the most infuriating thing about this version of the board (in that I can't just quick shorthand img to post pics anymore.

Comment

You can type img (in square brackets) in still.

Comment

I can? I kept finding it went weird.

[img]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_W...yle_Walker.jpg[/img]

Comment

Yeah, it has never worked for me, either.

I always asdumed that was a result of the template having the infernal box checked, and the tags not having a way to turn that off

Comment

That's because wikipedia does something weird with links. If you look at the link you posted, you see some #/ in the middle and a File: at the start of the bit behind the last slash. This is some mirror to the _real_ jpg link, for whatever reason. If I follow your link and click on it, I'm getting a longer URL in my address bar from upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons. If I dunk that link between img tags, this is the result:

Comment

I have had it with plenty of other things though (I just happened to have that open for working out Manchester City didn't get to 100 million on keepers yesterday unless all the add-ons on Walker's fee were active.

Say the Crazy Kaplan thing I got to work yesterday.

But with the imager thing

Last edited by caja-dglh; 07-11-2019, 17:29.

Comment

I couldn't get it to work with one of my own pictures. It kept telling me to put in the url. Do you have to have the url and and the file?

Comment

I don't think one can upload a file. You need the url

Comment

You can upload images using the little photo icon thingy.

You can do the [img ... ] thing but you have to unlink the link in the advanced editor. At the moment, you automatically copy and paste the .jpg as a hyperlink, and it needs to be raw text

Comment

Working...
                          X