1. Click your name at the top right of the page
    2. From the menu, click User Settings
    3. Click Account
    4. Enter your new password in the New password box
    5. Reenter the password in the Re-enter box
    6. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page

Trying to do that but keep getting "email address must match"

Comment

Check your browser isn't filling in one of the "change email" fields.

Comment

Not happening for me either. I use Chrome to automatically generate a password. I've tried to email myself the link but that's not working either.

Comment

Ensure that the email address is correct and I'll generate a new password for you a little later (About 9.30)

Comment

Is it specifically recommended that we change passwords after today's security shenanigans, or or is this just offering advice for regular password cbangers?

Comment

Snake addresses that in the other thread (see OP and his replies)

Comment

I would, by the way, recommend a Password Manager such as LastPass or 1Password. This generates and securely stores passwords for loads of things, including websites and encourages non-reuse.

I use LastPass myself.

Comment

I tried one of those, for a bit, I think. Can't remember why I stopped using it.

Comment

I'm spotting a trend.

Comment

So if I update the password so the two are the same, but still get "email must match" what's my next step? Sorry this must be really annoying.

Comment

You need to check that your browser hasn't filled in the first of the "New email" fields. This screenshot shows the problem - Chrome has autofilled my username into the first of the fields. Your browser has probably done similar.

Comment

Grand. Thanks Snake

Comment

Forget my request to change, I remembered it eventually...

Comment

Tratorello/tractorgarcon here, for some reason , despite trying to reset my password multiple times and both from my laptop and my phone, the only way I've been able to log in has been to set up a new account.

Comment

Because of the recent hack the board no longer accepts diacritic marks and your user name had one I think. Likewise Uros Predic who mentioned on the FB group that he couldn't get in either. This seems to be the main problem.

Comment

So the board's been strongly recommending me to change my password now ever since we moved to the new server. I finally did, and the bloody message is still there, at the top of every page...

Comment

You can dismiss the notification.

Comment

Working...
                                    X