New feature - Image upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I discovered yesterday that it works without clicking the camera icon. I just dragged an image from another web page into the write box and there it was.

Comment

Comment

This is fantastic. Thanks a bunch, Snake!

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
            Can it be resized? I suppose it depends on picture quality. Cubillas above is insufficient quality to make bigger.
            Let's be honest though, he always was of lesser quality than Héctor Chumpitaz…

Comment

Comment

I’ve used this thread as it’s close. Is there a way I can post a .mov file I have saved on my iPad and also on imgur?

Comment

As an embedded video? Best best is putting it on YouTube, Vimeo or similar and using the Video button to ebed it here. I don't think .mov files stream automatically from Imgur.

Comment

OK thanks Snake.

Comment

Just checking.

Comment

Hmm.. drag and drop seems not to be working. You need to click on the drag area...

Comment

It took me a few years, but I finally figured it out a few weeks ago. But in between then and posting on the wonderful 'no picture too shite' thread I forgot, and it took me another half hour today to remember what I did right. All good now.

Comment

Comment

Snake Plissken the upload function has changed. The camera function opens a menu saying upload attachments. But it won't allow files with a .jpg extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                Snake Plissken the upload function has changed. The camera function opens a menu saying upload attachments. But it won't allow files with a .jpg extension.
                                Hmm... opens the drag and drop area for me. Have you got the browser and OS?

Comment

Yeah, it's been mentioned previously. It doesn't seem consistent either. A couple of weeks back it wasn't working on either of my computers in Safari, Firefox or Chrome. Snake mentioned Brave and it worked as before in that, but didn't a couple of days ago. It was back to working in Firefox on my laptop though, but nothing was working on my desktop. Weird.

Comment

Yes, I think it is the editor not loading fully because of the image upload extension, but still enough to load something. The "can't upload attachments" is it trying to put the file on the OTF server, which is disallowed, rather than in Imgur.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Hmm... opens the drag and drop area for me. Have you got the browser and OS?
                                      I'm using Chrome on an Android phone. But it's always been ok until today and was OK earlier today as well

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I'm using Chrome on an Android phone. But it's always been ok until today and was OK earlier today as well
                                        Wait it seems to be back!

Comment

Patrick Thistle I had the same issue on Chrome / Android - a restart of the phone seemed to sort it. I guess you could get the same result by forcing a stop on the browser.

Comment

I refreshed the page and it sorted itself

Comment

See, that didn't work for me.

Comment

It's definitely a browser / connection problem. Just what type of browser / connection problem, I don't know.

Comment

Did we ever get to the bottom of the image upload problem, or am I doomed to only be able to upload pics from my phone?

Comment

It does work. There is just a weird loading issue which is likely to be Imgur not responding in time, so it can't set the upload script properly.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X