No announcement yet.

vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all, didn't realise the highlighting still worked.

Test

Second test

Comment

I've just figured out how you do the preview text - I just copy and paste in the link.

I've just noticed the actual button in the toolbar doesn't prompt for text. I'll see what I can find to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        Also, am trying to add someone to the ignore list and when I press the 'Save changes' button I get an error message that 'E mails must match' which bears no relation to what I'm doing.
        I have this issue without the error message. After "Save Changes", the added name disappears after a second or two.

Chrome on an iPad running iOS and the Default style.

Comment

So, with Chrome on Desktop (running Windows 7), I get the error message that Ray got, but with Firefox on the same machine and OS, the change "takes".

Go figure.

VBulletin 5 and Chrome seem not to be getting along at the margins.

Comment

I'm still struggling with getting a useful "recent topics" page on my laptop. On the phone I can do that ursus trick of advanced search - last visit, and I get what I want (a list of recently added posts, with a couple of lines from each visible). But on the computer, I just get the names of the threads themselves, and no indication of how many new posts there are, or what the new posts might be. There doesn't appear to be any form of workaround that works on the laptop, which is annoying.

(phone: android, chrome. Laptop: windows, chrome)

Comment

Have the SPOILER tags stopped working?

Spoiler:

[SPOILER]They have.[/SPOILER]

Comment

I think I broke the spoiler tags in the upgrade.

Comment

One minor thing, on the homepage that I usually start with the "Last post" showing for football is the one six hours ago in the Women's World Cup sub-forum rather than the far more recent ones from the main forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                    Have the SPOILER tags stopped working?

Spoiler:

[SPOILER]They have.[/SPOILER]
                    These should be fixed. The input is a bit clunky.

1. Click the Spoiler icon
                    2. Enter the text you want to describe the spoiler
                    3. Click OK
                    4. In between the spoiler tags, enter the text you want to hide.

E.g.

Are you sure you want to read this?: Show
                    Yes you are!

Comment

Testing

aha!: Show

Nicely done Snake, Cheers.
                      Last edited by Kevin S; 26-02-2019, 20:37.

Comment

In 'Unread Posts' 'The Brexit Thread', comes up, but the title is 'greyed out', with a little green arrow in the icon on the left, and the 'last post' noted at 14.46 today - even though when I click on the thread there are more posts there.

Comment

Yes, the indexer has got stuck again. I've unstuck it.

Comment

Indeed you have! Ta.

Comment

I think it's stuck again.

Comment

Punctuation still seems to be a real issue I see that there is a fix for iOS but I'm on Android and half the time full stops, commas or question marks simply don't show up.

(I put a comma between "commas" and "or" up there but I can't see it now. Maybe the software is implacably opposed to the Oxford comma )

I also had to close those parentheses twice to get them to show up

There are at least two full stops gone missing too.

Comment

It looks like it ultimately is a problem with collation. I'm going to look into making changes to the database, but if I have to change the collation that is a drastic change and I need to test that thoroughly.

Comment

latest thread doesn't update

Comment

Manually inputting [video] tags doesn't seem to work - need to use advanced editor?

Unless it's user error, which I'm perfectly prepared to believe.

Comment

I thought you couldn't upload photos but I appear to have done that on the "....Lord Of The Flies" thread using something called Imgur which I am not a member of. Anyone know how I did that?

Comment

When you drag/drop the photo into a post, it actually uploads it to Imgur. The sort-of explanation is that the forum software is a member of Imgur and anything gets uploaded to that special account, rather than any individual user.having one.

Comment

Ah, I didn't realise you could just drag and drop. Well, I obviously did at some stage but forgot. Brilliant, cheers.

Comment

I really do miss the "people viewing this thread" function.

Comment

Oh yeah. Only real issue with v5.

Comment

The ignore poster function is alarmingly flaky at present. I keep seeing posts from posters I'd really rather not have to acknowledge.

Comment

This was happening to me several days ago, but not recently

Comment

Working...
                                                    X