No announcement yet.

vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not on IOS. Will check back for the fix though and see if it works on Android /chrome

Comment

Nope, that doesn't work. I type the punctuation marks but on about 25%of occasions they simply don't appear. I assumed for a while it was just clumsy typing but it's way too regularly happening for that
      ​​​​​​
      (I just typed a full stop at the end of that message but it's not there)

Comment

I think it's mostly full stops, commas and question marks

Everything else seems to work as normal

Comment

Ok, will investigate.

Comment

Morning Snaky, morning everyone. Just to briefly thank for all your efforts. I can read/ write as before if I use one device (tablet) but not on the other (phone). They are both Android though so maybe I've missed some tips. Will follow this thread, but if I post less cryptic claptrap in the near future it's not because I don't love you all

Comment

The Samsung default browser still doesn't want to load it. Ghostery works though.

I feel I need to get used to the look of the place now. The buttons all seem mahoosive.

Comment

For me now the ursus hack (tm) no longer gives me the first line of posts on the search screen - on my phone - but it still does on my computer.

Comment

Hmmm.

It does for me, but then I run Chrome on my phone.

Comment

I run chrome too

Comment

That's weird.

I'm on Android 9. If you are too, I wonder if it is a memory issue.

Comment

Thanks for all the work Snake, this is looking good.

Joking aside, is there actually no Ignore Poster function on the new board? I found it came in handy on the last one to keep my blood pressure down at times.

Comment

I'm on Android 6 because my phone is 3 years old now and therefore obsolete.

I really like how this looks on desktop, but I have to admit I'm not keen on the mobile experience I have had so far.

Comment

Liking the look of it Snake, all your work is much appreciated. Two - very minor - things: when I click on 'unread posts' and then the 'forward/go to' button in the right-hand column, it goes to the final post in that thread, rather than, say, a few before, or the top of the page, or the last one I read. Also, I quite liked the '1...(last page(s))' feature on the previous forum, so that I could immediately click back a few pages from the final one.

No big problems though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                              Thanks for all the work Snake, this is looking good.

Joking aside, is there actually no Ignore Poster function on the new board? I found it came in handy on the last one to keep my blood pressure down at times.
                              theres an ignore list in user settings, then account tab.

Comment

I'm on Android 6 too

At the moment I have to say my mobile experience with this site is not engaging me. It's simply frustrating.

(not a criticism at all Snake. Well not of you, but of this aspect of vBulletin 5)

Comment

Like I say, have you tried any of the other styles? They are all supposed to be mobile friendly now.

Comment

Other styles? I only see default and black/red

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

theres an ignore list in user settings, then account tab.
                                      Fabulous, ta.

With the old one, you could see that someone you're ignoring had posted, but the post would say something like "this post is hidden because the poster is in your ignore list". The new function actually makes posts written by that person and even threads that they've started entirely disappear, which opens the possibilities for some excellent unknowing cross posts.

I'll stop talking about this now before people start wondering if it's them I'm avoiding (whoever is reading this: it's not you, I swear. You're marvellous and a credit to the board and you smell great.)

Comment

Just two styles showing for me as well.

Comment

Is ad hoc really a mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                            Just two styles showing for me as well.
                                            And me.

Comment

Same here.

Two on the home page on the bottom left; three from the drop down menu in Account Settings (though it is really two, as "Forum Default" appears to be identical to "vB5 Default")

Comment

Ah shit. I've got them turned off for users, haven't I?

Comment

Indeed I did. Right, now they are on.

Comment

Oooh

SO many choices, including serif fonts.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X