vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
    Are the Join Dates listed under people's profiles accurate? Surprised to see ursus at Jan 2008, ad hoc at Feb 2008, and myself and EIM in Mar 2008.
    None of you joined in 2008. That's just Premier League bullshit.

Comment

I actually did join in 2008. So there.

Comment

But not the people named in Inca's post. However, I'll let it pass, because you're new.

Comment

Fair point. I'll blame my lack of reading comprehension on my cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            Wouter D The left hand user profile box is too big. Will be removing some bits from that. There are also different styles available in the menu at the bottom.
            I nominate removing the Facebook share button and online indicator. Or at least making them inline with some other element, if possible.

By the way, is there any way to show more threads on the forum homepages? I can find a setting for posts in a thread, but not the other one.

Comment

The "New Topics" menu seems to think I haven't been on this forum since December 9. In the longer term, it would also be nice if it reverts to the behavior of the previous incarnation of the forum: providing an overview of the New Topics _since my last visit_, instead of New Topics that I have not yet marked as not new.

Comment

Also, a small quibble: Is there any setting (user or admin) to show the last poster instead of (or in addition to) the thread starter on mobile? Particularly given vBulletin's flakiness regarding whether threads have been updated across platforms, it's very tricky right now to tell if there's actually a new post. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but for me the identity of the thread starter ceases to be relevant pretty much as soon as anyone responds to a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post

None of you joined in 2008. That's just Premier League bullshit.
                  Oh yeah, I joined in 1999 or 2000, when all this was still fields.

Comment

I'd love to have the old independent, "Go To top" button restored at the bottom of the page.

Also is it really necessary to have the huge post reply block at the top, as well as the bottom of the page? Surely most people would be at the bottom of the page when considering a reply?

Also, the back to forum string at the top or the page is very tiny for my clodding, workman's fingers to click on.

But like the others, I bow down in general to your patience, effort and expertise, Snake.

Comment

I quite like the look of this on desktop. I can't get it to load on mobile though.

Comment

Ah, wait, I had an idea. I was looking at in on my Sumsung browser and it didn't work at all. But I can get onto it through Ghostery. Looks nice.

Comment

The function in User Settings allowing one to set the number of posts per page still isn't working.

The Like button is there and the Facebook link and "user rating" are gone (Bravo!). Another possibility for reducing the white space is reducing the size of avatars.

Comment

The "Join Dates" were borked in exactly the same fashion on the last version (and maybe the one before that). It is a bit strange that people are only noticing them now.

FWIW, I am by no means the poster of the longest standing here.

One other thing: the default "Notification" settings strike me as being very over-inclusive, at least for someone who posts as often as I do. One can turn them off individually or collectively in User Settings.
                            Last edited by ursus arctos; 09-01-2019, 13:42.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              at least for a collective who posts as often as we do.
                              Fixed that for you.

Comment

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

On this page: https://www.onetouchfootball.com/donate/

Comment

There is a "Today's posts" (or something like that) that works really well for what I want it to However if you are logged in, that vanishes and is replaced with "New topics" which just shows you the new threads that have been started since you last were here .Which is not terribly useful.

So to get the best functionality you have to be logged out. Not ideal

Ursus - I tried your hack but couldn't make it work for me

Comment

That's perplexing. I wouldn't expect it to be browser-based.

Does this link work any better?

I can confirm that "Today's Posts" (top left of Home page) disappears when one is logged in.

Comment

I got your idea to work now Was doing it wrong in the advanced search box.

Comment

Thanks by the way

And another by the way... How do you edit a post?

Edit :found it

Comment

Glad to hear it.

I also had problems finding the Edit function at first.

The image tags also seem not to work in quite the same way as they did before. URLs ending in "=jpg" would display on the old board, but don't seem to do so here.

Comment

I've got Todays Posts also showing for logged in users alongside New Topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                              I've got Todays Posts also showing for logged in users alongside New Topics.
                                              No I have just

New topics
                                              Who's online
                                              Member list

Comment

Same here.

Comment

Ah, no it's there now. Thanks very much.

Comment

Who’s online is giving me a “you are not authorized to view this page” message.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X