No announcement yet.

vBulletin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing which is different is when you view by 'New Topics', and open one to read, it disappears completely from the list when you go back after reading it - on the last version, it just showed that you'd read it. Not sure if this is expected, or even a problem - it's just different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
      Search seems to be completely non-functional. Like, even more than usual.
      Balls. It bloody worked in the last version too.

Comment

Ha. That's a change. Clicking "Empty Search Index" doesn't automatically rebuild it. Give it half an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

So that will be cos UA and adhoc were on the test crew for the Kunena migration. The fools signed off on it as well.
          Bastards!

Comment

Cheers Snake on the surprisingly swift return - as others have noted, such upgrades can often take days on fora.

Comment

Can you no longer see who is viewing a particular thread?

Comment

Jesus Fucking Christ
                It's like entering the Millenium Falcon on one planet and then stepping out on the Moonbase Alpha ship on another through a warp.

Comment

I feel funky, and a bit high.

Comment

I’ve figured out how to replicate Activity Stream.

1) Go to Advanced Search

2) Leave everything blank EXCEPT checking the Since last visit box on Date Range

3) Run the search and bookmark/favorite the result.

Accessing the bookmark should the rerun the search and give you a fresh set of results including two lines of text automatically. If that seems not to be working, refresh the page.
                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 09-01-2019, 00:44.

Comment

Is there any way to increase/decrease number of posts per page?

Comment

Go to your name in the top right - user settings - account tab and there's a posts per page option there.

Comment

although having tried it, it doesn't seem to work/save changes yet - maybe Snake needs to turn it on?

Comment

Thanks for all the work, Snake. An odd thing is, the New Topics used to have the page numbers. So if you remember that last time you were reading, say page 3, you'd click on the link for page 3 and resume reading there. Now there are no links to page numbers, and clicking a thread takes you to seemingly random pages.

Comment

Great work Snake. One little thing, I clicked on notifications and followed the links without a problem until I got to the mundane thread, when I clicked on it a message appeared saying not authorised to view etc. Do you know what's happened? When I visited from world it was fine.

Comment

Hi Snake, thanks for all the work. At the moment the lack of option for seeing what the latest posts were makes the site really unappealing to me. I can do it through work arounds going to individual forums, and seeing when the last post on a thread were and whether that's since I was last on, and then going that way, but it's tedious. Plus if I click on such a thread and see that the new posts go back to the previous page - I go there and then hitting the back button on my browser doesn't take me to the page I started at (if you see what i mean).

Comment

ah, try the search I describe in 34 above

i find that it works well

Comment

ad hoc Does clicking the New Topics link at the top do what you are looking for? I clicked it and it showed me all unread threads, in reverse order of their latest post.

G-Man Last unread post is a bit messed up at the moment. The only thing I can suggest is clicking through to the topic and actually reading to the end. What should happen after that is that the marker is set to the correct place in the topic. You can force it a bit by reading all the posts in a subforum that you are interested in and then clicking "Mark this Channel Read" at the bottom. That should clear all the other topics and lace the last unread marker at the end.

Comment

Hang on. Have you all got a "Like" button on posts (near Edit / Quote)?

Comment

No - just edit/quote/flag.

Comment

Earlier on I had posted on an iPhone (using Safari) but my apostrophes weren't appearing. However I see them now.

Comment

Ad hoc, choosing the today's posts option (from the three horizontal lines option at the top left of the page) seems to work.

Comment

Oh, that's weird. That function disappears when I log in.

Comment

Nice going Snake.

First impressions: sooooo much whitespace, so little information per screen! This is what I am seeing:

Is there some skin or theme or somesuch where I can change that ratio?

Also, it would be good if the page number navigation at the top and bottom of a page also has a button for "last". (edit: ah, it's actually there at the bottom, but not at the top. As you were.)
                                                Last edited by Wouter D; 09-01-2019, 08:06.

Comment

HORN Looks like an iOS thing. Go to Settings : General : Keyboard and turn Smart Punctuation off.

Wouter D The left hand user profile box is too big. Will be removing some bits from that. There are also different styles available in the menu at the bottom.

Comment

Thanks for doing this. Especially as I have zero concept of what "doing this" involves. I'm picturing old egg cartons and sticky back plastic.

I'll probably have a few grumbles later, but then I'm still not happy we left the old board in 2008, so ignore me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X