X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sorting of Unread Posts is a bit wonky sometimes:

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      Wouter, for example, above this post, "is on a distinguished road" .
      Ooh! This forum knows me well

Comment

FWIW, the Reputation Bar is still showing up on Chrome for Laptop (but not for Chrome on Tablet or Android)

Comment

Which style?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            Which style?
            I'm on Gradient on the laptop, and it shows up on that

Comment

Grey Stripes.

It does seem to be Style-dependent, as it is gone on Old School and Default

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                The sorting of Unread Posts is a bit wonky sometimes:
                On the highlighted thread the avatar of the most recent poster appears but the name and time within the Football forum is stuck at Three Colours Red etc

Comment

Thanks for fixing the indexing, Snakey.

Comment

Snake, in the hope of saving you a minute, the Reputation Bar still appears in Chrome on Windows Desktop in all styles except Old School and Default vB5.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                      HORN Looks like an iOS thing. Go to Settings : General : Keyboard and turn Smart Punctuation off.
                      I can’t seem to find the settings to do this. I can find profile settings but not more general ones.

Comment

He's talking about Settings on your iOS device

Comment

Sorry if I'm repeating, but I don't have the motivation to read seven pages.

I'm unable to upload images, either locally or from the internet. Get an 'unacceptable file type' message for JPGs and PNGs. I'm on MacOS.

Comment

Click on the underscored A in a box at the top right of the Reply window

Click on the Image button (a rectangle with peaks and a circle)

Uncheck “Retrieve remote file and reference locally”

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              FWIW, the Reputation Bar is still showing up on Chrome for Laptop (but not for Chrome on Tablet or Android)
                              I've never seen a reputation bar, so presumably doesn't display on Silk.

Comment

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I go to my user name and click on recent posts only the ones in the football forum show up.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  He's talking about Settings on your iOS device
                                  Ah, thank you!

Comment

Apologies if this has been covered already but can we still put in a hyperlink with out choice of text rather than the original URL?

Comment

If you use the codes rather than the buttons, there isn’t any extraneous text

Comment

Sorry, just spotted the typo and it should have read "a hyperlink with our choice of text. Is there a code for that, I've never really used them!

Comment

Also, am trying to add someone to the ignore list and when I press the 'Save changes' button I get an error message that 'E mails must match' which bears no relation to what I'm doing.

Comment

I think you can use the button still? Write the text, highlight it, click the link button and paste in the URL.

Comment

Doesn't it still automatically include the first two lines of text from the link?

To use the codes, use the following syntax, replacing the parentheses with square brackets

(url=PASTE URL HERE)INSERT YOUR CHOSEN TEXT HERE(/url)

Comment

Er, yeah it does. That's rather silly isn't it.

Here's a link to the Guardian homepage.

Edit - except it isn't.
                                                Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice

Comment

The non-highlighted bit being the extraneous text that I don't see any purpose for.

Using the codes gives one this:

Here's a link to the Guardian home page.

Comment

Using the tags method you get:

Here's a link to the Guardian homepage.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X