Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    I think I may have unliked a post by accident. Soz FF!

    Comment


      #77
      Are we going to have a "latest posts" again? Or have we already and I'm not noticing it?

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by TonTon View Post
        Are we going to have a "latest posts" again? Or have we already and I'm not noticing it?
        You have two options at the top of the page - Unread Posts which shows posts you haven't seen in threads and Todays Posts which shows all threads that have been posted to today. The difference is that the first should show threads that you haven't read in a couple of days.

        Comment


          #79
          Number of threads shown in a forum increased from 10 to 25.

          Who's Online switched back on.

          Comment


            #80
            No way that "Unread Posts" was there a minute ago...

            (Thanks, that makes sense, and I'll get used to it I'm sure)

            Comment


              #81
              Oh, don't worry about it. It was New Topics but it makes more sense to put Unread Posts as it is specific to each user.

              Comment


                #82
                Ah, I was having less of a senior moment than I thought, aces.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Well, I might have slightly broken something there - number of posts per page should be back to normal. Well, 25.

                  This appears to be overriding the user preferences for some weird reason.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Online status light gone. This should squash up the posts a bit more and reduce white space. (Which might come back when I put Favourite Biscuit back in.)

                    Anyway, I'm going to go and look at something else for a bit to uncross my eyes.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      What's this? Four pages in and no "Ignore Poster" gag yet?

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Someone else made it already. You didn't see it?

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Has anyone seen G-Man recently?

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                            Number of threads shown in a forum increased from 10 to 25.

                            Who's Online switched back on.
                            Thanks!

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Wahey!
                              The Captcha box finally showed up for me. I tried five different browsers... even Edge, I WAS THAT DESPERATE!

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                Also, a small quibble: Is there any setting (user or admin) to show the last poster instead of (or in addition to) the thread starter on mobile? Also, I don't know about anyone else, but for me the identity of the thread starter ceases to be relevant pretty much as soon as anyone responds to a thread.
                                Another vote for this - and is there any chance that the last poster name could appear in smaller or unbolded text (cos I keep accidentally hitting that with my sausage fingers instead of the thread title).

                                Comment


                                  #91
                                  Oh, and I just tried to upload a photo as an attachment and got an error message to the effect of ““you can’t upload summat with a file type .jpg””.

                                  Comment


                                    #92
                                    Great work, Snake, thank you.

                                    My inevitable quibbles are that embedding video seems trickier than before (I can see the embed tweet icon, but nowt for Youtube et al) and also that the font size is *really* small, especially compared to the amount of white space.

                                    Comment


                                      #93
                                      Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                      Wahey!
                                      The Captcha box finally showed up for me. I tried five different browsers... even Edge, I WAS THAT DESPERATE!
                                      It was broken. But in a way that didn't show.

                                      Comment


                                        #94
                                        Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                        Oh, and I just tried to upload a photo as an attachment and got an error message to the effect of ““you can’t upload summat with a file type .jpg””.
                                        No attachments allowed. Once I've got my head around everything, I'm going to remove those icons. Bit annoying that it shows them still, to be honest.

                                        Comment


                                          #95
                                          Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                                          Great work, Snake, thank you.

                                          My inevitable quibbles are that embedding video seems trickier than before (I can see the embed tweet icon, but nowt for Youtube et al) and also that the font size is *really* small, especially compared to the amount of white space.
                                          Have you tried any other styles?

                                          I'll look into embedding video - toggling the Advanced editor (the A button at the top right of the editor window) has an Insert Video button.

                                          Comment


                                            #96
                                            Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

                                            No attachments allowed. Once I've got my head around everything, I'm going to remove those icons. Bit annoying that it shows them still, to be honest.
                                            No worries - I was only doing it because I couldn’t find how to insert an image on mobile (I could see how to do it from my laptop)

                                            Comment


                                              #97
                                              It's be nice to see who is viewing the thread you are on at that moment, rather than who is online in general

                                              Comment


                                                #98
                                                (Who's online page also shows everyone as viewing a private message)

                                                Comment


                                                  #99
                                                  Any chance that the "unread posts" page could show the first couple of lines of the posts in question? As the old one did. You can get this by running Ursus' advanced search hack but every now and then that returns to a "this search has expired" message and you have to do it again (which is not the end of the world obviously)

                                                  Also as others have mentioned what the fuck is going on with punctuation?

                                                  Comment


                                                    If you are on iOS there is a fix earlier in the thread.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X