dell inspiron 1501 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday, I used the fn F3 keystrokes to turn off wireless. The second I did this, the keyboard stopped responding, and the mouse went funny. Now, when I reboot, my laptop beeps, as if all the keys are being pressed down at once. It brings up a system restore menu, but won't respond to any keystrokes. So I can't reboot in safe mode, can't restore a previous system setup, can't do jack shit apart from mash angrily at the keys like a drunken ungulate.

Anyone know how to solve this terrible affliction?

try disabling the wireless in the bios - see if that helps. (It probably won't.)
    The other thing to do is take the keyboard off and reseat it. You should be able to find instructions online how to do it.
    Failing that, if you can get it to me, I'll have a look at work tomorrow.

Comment

ARGH.

It's nto a keyboard issue. I've removed that, booted up, and still the fucker beeps. I wish to smash it up.

Comment

I take it back. Hobbes, you're a genius. And not just at late night computer games. But at THIS.

Comment

I take it back again. It's still fucked.

Comment

Could it be a Windows problem? The keys work at first - I can enter setup, but when Windows starts to load, the beeping starts, and everything becomes unresponsive...

Comment

It's fixed now. Thank you to all the millions of you who offered me help through email and telephone calls. Also thanks to those of you who sents cards and letters of well-wishing.

Comment

What was it?

Comment

Fuck knows. I just reset the BIOS settings to default and it started working.

Comment

I wonder if he enabled the Numlock.

I guess this is a laptop.

Comment

Working...
                    X