Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerdy girl on how to pick up nerdy girls

How to pick up nerdy girls

This is really an adjunct to the great picking-women-up-in-bookshops debate.

I don't think I'd want to date a woman with a Star Trek fetish.

Link not working for me. Don't interpret that as its being an urgent matter.

Comment

I disagree. Drop everything you're doing, you hyphenless tease.

Comment

I'm more geeky than nerdy. Any help for me?

Not that I'm keen on "picking up" girls, but I am interested in many of the things that go along with that.

Comment

http://theparkbencher.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-meet-and-woo-nerdy-girl.html

Comment

Damn, I should be having to push away nerdy girls with a stick. I've no idea who Liz Lemon is, but other than that I've got it covered (well, the interesting one is a matter of debate).
            Know what to do in a zombie attack.
            Hello?

Comment

Liz Lemon is Tina Fey's character in 30 Rock. I'm kind of surprised by their mentioning her, because she basically mocked the sci-fi types in the episode about jury duty.

Comment

“You remind me so much of Liz Lemon.”
                So true. Certain types of women love this. Of course they overlook that it's a backhanded compliment. Liz Lemon is a workaholic love shy slob, who thinks she's funnier than she really is. Tina Fey however, is awesome.

I have everything but the be interesting part down. I'm sorta interesting, but I'm not super interesting. You wouldn't spot me from across the room and be "who's that guy, he's sorta interesting". Maybe if I moved to Sweden or something then I'd really stand out.

Picking up girls, it feels so much like a job interview sometimes. Except with even more "embellishing" on both parts.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised by their mentioning her, because she basically mocked the sci-fi types in the episode about jury duty.
                  I'm laughing just thinking about that episode.

Comment

I often feel a bit like Liz Lemon. Like in that episode where she picked up Peter Dinklage and then screwed the relationship up completely. And the whole crisp addiction thing.

libraries, bookstores, used bookstores, any other place with books you can think of, comic book stores, knitting stores, craft stores, sitting in the park...reading a book, the local cat fanciers convention, at a midnight showing of "Alien" or in their living rooms, watching "Firefly" again.
                    Yeah well I literally do all of those things. And there are no guys in any of these places!

(before I read this I had been looking forward to treating myself today to watching Serenity for about the 39th time)

Comment

I was rewatching Firefly only last week.

Comment

Every time Nathan Fillion tweets I have to sit on my hands to stop myself telling him I love him. It's very sad.

Comment

Working...
                        X