Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Dawkins' Just Fancy That

hobbes wrote:
    Well, yeah of course. Two weeks after that I had her biting the head off a goat while I defiled her in front of a crowd chanting black incantations, but it's the principle, innit?
    They don't make goth clubs like they used to...

Comment

Bored of Education wrote:
      Odd, isn't it? None of the other academics on here charge for their services.
      Bored of Education wrote:
      Maybe they are able to save thir valuable time by not getting involved in subjects that aren't their "thing"

Comment

I rather like MsD too, for what its worth (cant do apostrophes on this Spanish keyboard), and I think people shouldnt have a go at her collectively. I have a gripe with one habit of hers (posting something I find I want to get my pedantic teeth into and then getting all airy about it), but that says at least as much about my failings as hers, and when we have words about it I think we should be left to it.

If my super-spidey-sense has detected a flounce, I think thats a great shame.

Comment

Toro, can I ask - what does 'miraculous' mean in the context in which you've used it on this thread? What specifically do people mean when they say that the existence of God is miraculous, and the existence of the universe is miraculous?
          More or less, "impossible or vanishingly unlikely to occur as a result of natural physical processes".

Comment

I mean, it can be and frequently is formulated in non-naturalistic vocabulary. But that is a vocabulary which not everybody here will accept. So in mutually agreeable terms I'd say it means something like that.

Comment

So, magic, right?

Comment

That would be the unacceptable vocabulary

Comment

Working...
                X