Chinook frenzy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinook frenzy!

WOAH! A huge, double-rotored military helicopter has just flown right over the top of our house... I swear it missed the TV ariel by a couple of feet - I'm up here in the loft and as soon as I heard the thunderous noise I looked out the Velux window and the thing just soared right over my head. No word of a lie!

Now I know how Kate Middleton feels. If you see what I mean. Could it have been our copter-joyriding heir to the throne, off on another jolly?

Chinook frenzy!

Whilst driving to Colchester on the A12 earlier today an Apache helicopter gunship buzzed over the traffic at a height of only a 100 feet or so, which worried me slightly, I mean supposing the pilot was having a bad day and just decided to open up with his chain gun or loose of a few hellfire missiles?

Still it'd make the Radio 2 traffic reports a bit more interesting I s'pose.

Comment

Chinook frenzy!

I was in Harrow one day a few years back when four Chinooks came flying over really low, heading south. Turned out that they were transporting Bill Clinton from North Korea into London.

Comment

Chinook frenzy!

I've grown up with Chinooks et al flying around all the time, being based (roughly) between Aldershot, Farnborough, Bordon, Odiham and Lasham (and all the 'ranges' that entails). They're still pretty much a daily occurence here. They do make the windows rattle to an annoying extent sometimes though!

Comment

Chinook frenzy!

Gus Tomato to thread. Moral superiority needed.

Comment

Working...
          X