World, meet Omar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World, meet Omar

So, after the sad death of our previous cat Siouxsie (kidney failure and general old age) on Easter Monday, we nevertheless decided we'd enjoyed the experience of having a rescued cat around the house so much that we went and got another one today, from (Cat Protection's) National Cat Centre near Haywards Heath.

He's 3 years old, part-Persian, mad staring eyes, and the fluffiest cat in the world. He isn't named, as my mum thought, after the twelfth-century Persian mathematician Omar Kayam (my mum really surprises me sometimes), although that is a fantastic coincidence.

But if you can make out the narrow diagonal slash running across his otherwise mainly black face, the Wire watchers among you will understand why we did choose that name...

"How do?"

World, meet Omar

Indeed.

Comment

World, meet Omar

A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
      A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread—and Thou
      Beside me singing in the Wilderness—
      Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!

Your mam might well have studied "The rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam," by Edward fitzgerald in secondary school SR, my dad definitely did. It was one of the more famous poems of the victorian era, and since in curriculum terms the victorian era ended sometime in the 1970's.....

Though if they're of a similar age, I would have thought that his guy might have sprung to mind more quickly

Your cat looks totally deadly btw.

Comment

World, meet Omar

Maybe it can feed off the window-gulls...

Comment

World, meet Omar

In picture no 2 he already looks like he completely owns the apartment. I wonder how long it took him to get that way.

Comment

World, meet Omar

The Mighty Kubelgog!!! wrote:
            In picture no 2 he already looks like he completely owns the apartment.
            True dat.

Comment

World, meet Omar

Picture 1: 'What the fuck is that on his head?'

Picture 2: 'Ah, there's the other one with the food.'

Good on you for getting a rescued cat. He looks lovely.

Comment

World, meet Omar

surely,

Picture 1. "Hmm, feathers, There's going to be some eating on that robin."

Comment

World, meet Omar

Cats do have a way of assuming ownership

Comment

World, meet Omar

Is that a baby shaped belly?

Comment

World, meet Omar

Ha, very good. He was a large cat, was Pinky.

Comment

World, meet Omar

There are large cats, and then there are large cats.

Comment

World, meet Omar

Wicked.

Cats tend to be quite nomadic don't they? I guess he lives.... in the wind, so to speak.

Comment

World, meet Omar

haha.

I don't know which is more impressive, the Enormous cat in WOM's pic, or the totally deadly formica table and chairs set.

Comment

World, meet Omar

Crap - I missed the thread about Siouxsie SR - really sorry to hear about that.

Omar looks smart though. Those hopper neighbourhood mice must shit themselves when they hear a miaowed rendition of The Farmer in the Dell approaching...

Comment

World, meet Omar

The Mighty Kubelgog!!! wrote:
                                Your mam might well have studied "The rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam," by Edward fitzgerald in secondary school SR, my dad definitely did. It was one of the more famous poems of the victorian era
                                The Rubaiyat is also the second-biggest selling book of all time in the United States of America, behind The Bible.

We got two new cats recently, photos will be up on Flickr when I've finally got all of my Mexico shots uploaded.

Comment

Working...
                                X