Vista Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista Help

Whilst waiting for my new computer to be delivered I've been using my gifrlfriend's laptop. It has Vista installed which I've never used before but more confusingly (for me) is in Chinese since it was bought in Shanghai.

I've come across a bit of a problem though - every folder seems to be read-only. I need at least folder not to be. How do I do this? In XP, obviously all you need to do is right click on folder, go to properties and unclick read-only. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. In Vista after you do this you click back into properties and it is still ticked.

I tried clicking random Chinese characters last night for about half an hour with no success. Put me out of my misery please.

Vista Help

It's the same on Mrs Smoke Signal's laptop with Vista. Doesn't matter what I click, even when logged in as the administrator, it reverts to read-only.

However, that only applies to the folder; it makes no difference to the files within it. They can be changed and saved as normal. I don't know if that helps...

Comment

Vista Help

This fellow seems to have it sorted:

http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?...id=99477&st=0&

Comment

Vista Help

You can change languages pretty easily through the control panel. I've never encountered your specific problem, though. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X