Jolly Rancher rewrites history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Jolly Ranchers. Whenever clubs in high school sold candy for fundraisers, I was like an addict begging for more if they were selling JRs. I got in big trouble when I was selling them for the speech team, because I usually would buy most of the sticks mysself--these weren't the candy drops, these were the sticks you would suck on and have them mold to the roof of your mouth.

Anyway, I had gone a long time without having a Jolly Rancher, until recently when Mrs. Inca bought a bag to use as treats for a class she was teaching at work. I of course had to steal most of the bag, and I was shocked to see a new flavor--blue raspberry. Where was lemon? It was gone!

And there, on the bag, the good Jolly Rancher had the temerity to write "Original Flavors." Blue raspberry was never a flavor. Lemon has been outcast, sent to some isolated part of the farm, and he's trying to pull the wool over all of our eyes.

If they can try to get away with that with lemon, I don't even want to think about what's happened to cinammon fire.

Still, I'm an addict, so I'll keep on eating them.

You stole candy intended for children? Get thee over to the moral turpitude thread.

Comment

It was a training class for employees of the US federal government. Perhaps emotionally children...

Comment

I've only had them occasionally, but they are addictive.

Now, cola bottles--the only sweets I still eat. Haribo Happy Cola is my brand of choice.

Comment

Haribo is all shit, it tastes of nothing.

Few things in life are more annoying than wanting a certain sweet (proper Bassets Licorice Allsorts or Maynards Wine Gums , for instance) and finding that the shop you're in only has that washed-out flavourless Haribo faux crap verion of them.

Comment

I can't comment on the rest of their range. I'll just defend Happy Cola.

Comment

I love Jolly Ranchers.

I like to group them into their respective colours and will then eat one group before moving onto the next.

Its a pretty good system.

Comment

I absolutely love the shop that's the subject of this quite amusing article.

Comment

I hate it when candy companies do this. It's getting harder and harder, at christmas time, to get a normal, peppermint flavored candy cane. You can get "fruit," licorice, cinnamon, and, I don't know, dirt or something, but try and get a real, honest, candy cane, and you'll be struggling...

See also multi-flavored candy corns...

Comment

I'll discuss that with my cousin. He works for a candy company that makes candy canes. He's in logistics so maybe he can divert a crate of peppermint canes to your house.

Inca, I think blue flavored has been around for a while but I don't know if its original. Certainly, lemon is original.

My favorite flavor is watermelon.

Comment

The one for which there was ABSOLUTELY no excuse was Life Savers screwing with the 5 flavors and taking out pineapple. That was utterly wrong in every way imaginable.

Comment

This, along with your Paul Scholes comment over on football, has let Hobbes off the hook.

Such a shame. You did alright once. All them Post Of The Days gone to your head, I reckon.

Comment

I haven't had Lifesavers in years. I wonder if I still like them? I think so.

When the sun comes up I will go buy some and report back.

Comment

Oooh, Jolly Ranchers. Evilly delicious in a way that crack addicts know. I was first introduced to them in my first year of University - the vending machine in Monte used to sell them. Then it stopped and I was cold turkey until I found a shop in Croydon that sold them, till it stopped (for some reason).

After that, they have entered my life in a brief but glorious fashion. I think I ate about a thousand of them on honeymoon in Canada. The cherry ones are my favourite.

Comment

For all I can understand about this thread, it could be about computer games...

Comment

I was expecting this sort of thing:

(Hang on... is that Lionel Messi?)

Comment

Life Savers got rid of pineapple? That was my favorite!

Comment

EIM wrote:

Such a shame. You did alright once. All them Post Of The Days gone to your head, I reckon.
                                    Are you saying I've lost it? I'm past my peak and perhaps the peak was never that high in the first place?

You mean I've...gulp...Scholesed?

Comment

Jolly Ranchers are great for getting the taste of rubber out of your mouth after you've gone down a couple of times. When Scuba diving, obviously

Comment

This thread is too American so I don't understand it either.

However I will ask does anyone know where to gt any decent vegetarian wine gums? I have wanted wine gums for about 20 years.

Comment

Mmmmmmm ... boiled cows' hooves.

Comment

That's so wrong, it's almost all the way back around around to right again. Almost, but not quite.

Comment

Working...
                                            X