pleasant commutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pleasant commutes

Yesterday I Left my mooring in Northolt and travelled down the Grand Union canal to the office in Paddington. Parked in little Venice.

It took 3 hours and it was the best journey to work I've ever had.

In the evening took the boat back to Northolt while getting completely pissed with my son and a mate.

Didn't see any political posters, but there is a spiderman sculture.

pleasant commutes

The most pleasant commute I've had was a summer spent housekeeping in Marin County, commuting from Tiburon to downtown SF, mostly with a 15 minute bike ride through the winding eucaplyptus and bay leaf-lined Marin roads and a 20min ferry ride across the Bay. The day started with a cold dip in the pool, a warm shower outside and a quick breakfast on the redwood deck.

http://www.saesf.com/images/SF_Area_Big/Marin_Ferry.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfsteve/190471731/

Comment

pleasant commutes

I used to commute from a hostel in Cremorne Point on the north side of Sydney harbour, by ferry, to an a company on the 18th floor of a building just off Circular Quay on the south side. It was exhilirating.

The Northern Line from Chalk Farm to Bank is somewhat less exhilirating by comparison.

Comment

pleasant commutes

I have a 15 minutes walk each way every day which includes crossing the wobbly bridge.
        That's pretty nice.

Comment

pleasant commutes

From Cascais, along the Estoril coast (although not from so high up)...

... to Lisbon ...

... very lovely.

Comment

pleasant commutes

I stayed in Tiburon about 15 years ago, and it is a very lovely place indeed.

I get the train from Brighton to Worthing every morning, and it is... convenient.

Comment

Working...
            X