Those little religious homilies in local papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's "Star" in the running for the "Crass non sequitur of the year award"

Word for word quote from here

http://choicegleanings.gospelfolio.com/index.php?option=com_blogsidebar&task=blogsection& isbydate=1&id=0&Itemid=1&svt_date=2009-01-17&bsb_midx=-3

It was noon on April 10, 1912, when the Titanic left England for New York with 2,223 excited passengers. Tragically, their voyage came to a premature end when the ship sank on April 14, 1912, at 11:40pm. Many who thought they would arrive, did not. As you travel through life, you do not know when your journey will end. Make certain it ends in heaven. Repent of your sin and accept the Lord Jesus who said, “I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.” (Jn. 14:6) —Arnot McIntee
    1. Who writes this shite?

2. Who commissions it to be published in the local press? Is it something that's syndicated, or did someone actually go looking for this and think, "hey, that's good and incisive copy, we'll print that!"

Guy Potger wrote:

It was noon on April 10, 1912, when the Titanic left England for New York with 2,223 excited passengers. Tragically, their voyage came to a premature end when the ship sank on April 14, 1912, at 11:40pm. Many who thought they would arrive, did not. As you travel through life, you do not know when your journey will end. Make certain it ends in heaven. Repent of your sin and accept the Lord Jesus who said, “I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.” (Jn. 14:6) —Arnot McIntee
    1. Who writes this shite?

Comment

Working...
    X