Wha?

Edit: oh, a tribute thread.

Comment

Carphone Warehouse

I think a better title would have been:

So, Carphone Warehouse, then

Comment

Carphone Warehouse

Someday, someone will explain the carphone warehouse running gag on here. I think it's the last thing about this place I haven't sussed.

Comment

Carphone Warehouse

Shall I? Oh, OK then.

One of the recent series of Celebrity Big Brother - which was sponsored by Carphone Warehouse - erupted into a racism row, after several of the housemates were considered to be guilty of bullying the Indian actress Shilpa Shetty.

In the discussion about it on the old OTF, someone said "Surely it's only a matter of time before Carphone Warehouse withdraw their sponsorship?"

Then someone else said the same thing, presumably not having seen the earlier post. And... well, you know how these things spiral.

Comment

Carphone Warehouse

No, no, that's not it.

After the racism row erupted, somebody, and exactly who it might have been escapes me for the moment, claimed that there was no possibility of Carphone Warehouse withdrawing their sponsorship.

Unfortunately, the news had just broken that Carphone Warehouse had done exactly that. And from that moment, many people seem to have taken perverse delight in reminding the poster, whoever it was, that their prognostic skills weren't entirely up to scratch.

Comment

Carphone Warehouse

My memory of it was the same as SR. Not that I've got a good memory.

Comment

Carphone Warehouse

I can can say quite categorically - emphatically, even - that my version is correct.

Comment

Working...
                X