Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I have a Wii.

pebblethefish wrote:
    I thought that a Ferris wheel was one where the seats were fixed, so you went at angles and upside down and that, whereas on a big wheel you're always the right way up. As such the London Eye is technically not a ferris wheel, but quite like one (unless you do actually get to go upside down in it, in which case it's a lot cooler than I ever gave it credit for).
    I thought you were right, but it turns out we're wrong. That being said I still agree with what WOM is saying as far as describing it to a six-year-old goes.

Comment

My boy came back from an afternoon at my parents' recently and said he'd been a penguin on the Wii balance board. I told him that I also once had a Wii but got rid of it a few years ago (basically never had much spare time for it). I'd given it all to charity shops.

But last week I found the console along with Sports, Play and Mario Kart in the garage in a carrier bag. I guess because it plugs in I'd struggled to donate it. So the Wii lives again. We bought Wii Fit Plus off Ebay and all is good. (This means I got rid of Pro Evo at some point, mind.)

No, it's better than good. It's perfect. Because I'd 'only' done the 120 stars of Super Mario Galaxy. But of course there are 120 more in SMG2, which I'd never played. And I picked it up from the trade-in shop on Thursday for £15.

Just imagine being in the position where you have a whole SMG game to do. I'm four stars in, which means Yoshi has already appeared, and the first transforming hungry luma stage (flip-swap) has been done too. Grinning like an idiot, I was.

Mario, it's been too long. The SMG games are just perfect.

Comment

SMG 2 has a good claim to being the best game ever made.

Comment

Seriously, I would implore anyone who hasn't got a Wii to pick one up (there are places knocking them out for £15 which is frankly ludicrous), get an SD card with the ModMii files transferred onto it and spend 10 minutes softmodding it.

In terms of bang for your buck it's astonishing. A superb range of emulators, WiiMC - perhaps the nicest media player for SD content I have ever used (including VLC!!!), using Nintendont to play GameCube games off a hard drive, the YouTube and Netflix channels from the Wii Shop still work...

FIFTEEN NOTES!

Comment

On the Argentine version of eBay, they're still going for considerably north of £100. Once again I'm reminded of how shit the second hand market is for... well, everything here.

Not that I wanted one, I was just curious about how much more expensive it was going to be here.

Comment

Working...
            X