Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do do God

Sean of the shed wrote:
    Finally Jesus is a foreigner, and possibly has connections with movements such as the "People's Front of Judea"
    It's the Judean People's Front, you splitter!

That poster is a) obviously fake, and b) bloody funny, I must say.

The two bus stops between my house and our local branch of Somerfield now sport posters from the National Union of Teachers imploring their members to 'use your vote - stop the BNP!' in the upcoming European elections. I would be absolutely amazed to hear the BNP even had a candidate for the seat covering my village.

Amazed and worried, obviously.

Comment

They do do God

The three posters I saw today on my way home all had the swastika obscured.

There's no threshold in the system we use here for electing MEPs. It's d'Hondt, really, so, well, have a look.

The best party to vote for to keep out the fascists will be the one which is closest to gaining nother seat. That varies, and is certainly not always the largest small party, or the party nearest to the BNP in number of votes.

Comment

They do do God

TT, I'm curious: you seem to be in favour of tactical voting to keep out the fascists, but in US election threads passim I seem to remember you being quite anti-tactical voting to keep out the Republicans.

Am I remembering this wrong or am I misreading you on this thread? If not, what do you see as the difference between the two situations?

Comment

They do do God

Yeah it's a decent shout. As it goes, I hate the idea of voting Green, but will probably just about manage to swallow and do it.

The difference is the fascists, really. There's not much I don't think is worth doing to keep them out, down, whatever.

Comment

Working...
          X