Eek. UKIP have an MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eek. UKIP have an MP

A defection from the Tories gives the BNP-for-'respectable'-provincials their first seat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7360118.stm

Eek. UKIP have an MP

During the 2005 general election campaign he was accused of whipping up racial tension for running a newspaper advert on immigration, headlined: "What bit of 'send them back' don't you understand Mr Blair?"
    Classy.

I would have thought that a by-election should be needed if he's changing party.

Comment

Eek. UKIP have an MP

Nil- rarely happens here, alas. Other examples recently include Shaun 'my butler does the canvassing' Woodward (ex Tory, now Labour viceroy for Ultonia) and Quentin Davies (Mr Slimy, as he's known round Stamford way).

Comment

Eek. UKIP have an MP

I am delighted to welcome the hard-working and deeply principled Bob Spink as UKIP's first Member of Parliament.
        Pity he wasn't elected on your ticket, but I suppose back door entry is better than no door entry, eh?

UKIP are just the BNP for the Daily Mail reader.

Comment

Eek. UKIP have an MP

He might find himself voting against the party line on equal pension rights women in his new home as well.

Comment

Eek. UKIP have an MP

I get more disillusioned with 'democracy' by the day.

Comment

Eek. UKIP have an MP

Democracy would yield UKIP rather more than one MP.

edit- I mean by PR.

Comment

Eek. UKIP have an MP

That's nothing, the fucking BNP are being fucking elected around here, fucking unchallenged.

http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/weeklynews/news/tm_headline=breaking-news-bnp-secures-third-colwyn-bay-seat&method=full&objectid=20746857&siteid=50142-name_page.html

Comment

Eek. UKIP have an MP

I would have thought that a by-election should be needed if he's changing party.
                  Well, a new Prime Minister was sworn in without a new Election, but I can see your point.

He'll be out on his arse in the next General Election though (Bob Spink's chances look bleak as well)

Comment

Eek. UKIP have an MP

It could be worse. Geert Wilders has 11 seats out of 150 in the Dutch parliament.

Comment

Eek. UKIP have an MP

Nil a fhios agam wrote:

It doesn't happen, because apparently we vote (or not) for the candidate as an individual, and not for the party that he allegedly represents.

Comment

Working...
                      X