Drinking directly from a can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drink from a can, whether it be cider or lager. Just pure chumpy old time-saving, I suppose, no hanging about, just crack open a can and there you are. You can expound on the intricacies of warmth, chill and the delicacies of taste however you like, when you've had enough of the stuff then talk of the connoiseur's sensibilities go out the window at that moment when the evening ends and you're talking enough drunken bobbins to create a whole new language.

The eloquent consumer: "Mmm...served at just above room temperature. Crisp, robust and poured with just enough care that a delightfully frothy head is the prelude to a swift appreciation of the subtleties of this sparkling number. A good night's savouring of this sharp, bracing brew is ahead, I'll wager.."

The eloquent consumer at chuck-out time: "Nah, you're fuckin' wrong...it wush Dolph Lungrun in Rocky 3...Dolph...nah. nah...lishen, you're no lishenin' to me, ya cunt...nah (pushes shoulder of arguee) you...you - shurrup you, don't tell im! - Rocky 3, you fackin' deaf or summink? Nah....well, fuckya then....Rocky 3...Not havin' it.....good film that...ooh..pissed meself...."

Comment

Cider from a can ?

Fuck me, I've heard it all now.

Cider, as anyone knows, must only be drunk straight out of a 2-litre plastic bottle. Al fresco, of course, sat on a bench in pleasant surroundings. While holding a conversation with (and occasionally shouting at) the pigeon that's strutting around on the path in front of you.

Comment

This much I know: Coke tastes better out of a bottle than out of a can, whather you drink straight from the container or decant it into a glass.

Comment

I usually serve coke from a window sill or a mirror, through a straw or at a push a rolled up tenner.

Comment

Cider, as anyone knows, must only be drunk straight out of a 2-litre plastic bottle. Al fresco, of course, sat on a bench in pleasant surroundings. While holding a conversation with (and occasionally shouting at) the pigeon that's strutting around on the path in front of you.

And did the feathery fucker stay around long to hear my views on why the Equator Licence must rise by 50%? Did it bugger.

Comment

To my mind, the consumption of cider or lager from a can is inextricably linked (and ideally suited) to those away trip occasions when you're strolling through the acres of dusty car parkage that surround so many soulless, out of town nu-stads.

Comment

I was drinking champagne straight from the bottle in my garden one evening (it was a party), unaware that two large slugs were chugging up the side of the bottle until someone screamed.

Not really a good look and I generally always use a nice girly glass.

Comment

Outside or inside of the bottle?

Comment

outside ... just seen "generally always", oops, but then I have just got up and am breakfasting now.

Comment

Eggchaser wrote:
                      This much I know: Coke tastes better out of a bottle than out of a can, whather you drink straight from the container or decant it into a glass.
                      The best is coke made with actual sugar instead of corn syrup and in a glass bottle.

Comment

Working...
                      X