"olive-skinned"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"olive-skinned"

Why are people with medium-tanned complexions known as "olive-skinned"? Olives are either green or black.

"olive-skinned"

Not round Green Lanes, they're not.

Comment

"olive-skinned"

Even so.

Comment

"olive-skinned"

It's because their skin has yellowish-green undertones, as seen in Mediterranean people, as opposed to red (ruddy) or blue, as seen in Nordic types. I have one sister who has an olive complexion, and I was always jealous of how quickly her skin tanned. Mine only burned and got freckles.

Comment

"olive-skinned"

An actual olive complexion, yesterday.

Comment

"olive-skinned"

Comment

"olive-skinned"

Femme Falafel wrote:
              It's because their skin has yellowish-green undertones, as seen in Mediterranean people, as opposed to red (ruddy) or blue, as seen in Nordic types. I have one sister who has an olive complexion, and I was always jealous of how quickly her skin tanned. Mine only burned and got freckles.
              Hang on, what? Who are these blue people you've been seeing?

Comment

"olive-skinned"

I was disappointed to find out that the lady covered in shaving cream on the Herb Alpert cover is in fact not olive-skinned, or even Mexican, as I had presumed. And that her name is Dolores Erickson.

Erickson looking olive-skinned:

Erickson not excessively olive-skinned:

Comment

"olive-skinned"

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                  Hang on, what? Who are these blue people you've been seeing?
                  I hate to say it, but I think you're one of them (unless the lighting in your FB photos is changing it).

Comment

"olive-skinned"

Spearmint Rhino, yesterday.

Comment

"olive-skinned"

Yeah, I've seen people so pale that they seem to appear to be slightly blue. "Whiter than skim milk," as my wife would say.

Comment

"olive-skinned"

Scottish people arenae white. You're white. We're blue! (Billy Connolly.)

Comment

"olive-skinned"

I have one sister who has an olive complexion, and I was always jealous of how quickly her skin tanned. Mine only burned and got freckles.
                          Huh. My skin is all over the place. Like, my forehead/nose/chin are an unpleasant shade of that yellow/green you describe, but my cheeks are my mum's English red. Likewise, milk bottle legs, weirdly jaundiced-looking stomach, etc. TMI, I know, sorry.

Anyway I burn and freckle AND have to deal with being sallow. It's no fair. I actually find tanning unpleasant anyway, at least.

Comment

"olive-skinned"

Another olive-skinned person:

Comment

"olive-skinned"

I will be making a puttanesca sauce this evening. I thought you all should know.

Comment

Working...
                              X