Where's The MP's Expenses Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rantzen showed her true colours in the truly depressing discussion about staff having to work for nothing in a recession. Her pat answer - to paraphrase: "times are tough, it's brave for people to make such a sacrifice, etc etc" - was no different from those of the mainstream politicians on the panel and pointed her up as just as out of touch, callous and clueless as they.

It's come to something when you find yourself cheering Polly Toynbee on for injecting some (relative) realism and radicalism into a discussion.

Comment

I couldn't follow that discussion at all. Was it about working for nothing or taking unpaid leave? The former surely isn't to be taken seriously, is it?

Comment

It was in response to BA's piss-taking "please work for nothing for a month" request to their staff. The basic lack of comprehension of the principles and practicalities at stake in such an issue by all on the panel except Toynbee took the breath away, to be honest.

Comment

Ha ha! McNulty get his.

Comment

Nice to see that, but why not nearer the £60,000? As I say, I'm not a huge fan of his wife but I expect he tended to come home to see her and get up a bit early the next day, rather more often than he stayed in his parents' spare room.

One of the other expense pisstakers, Dawn Butler, has seen her constituency abolished and now has to contest it with Sarah Teather who didn't claim for a second home. I rather expect the latter will win.

Comment

Working...
            X