Digital camera advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital camera advice

I want one, basic as you like, just want to take pictures of churches for my own amusement. Want to buy it tmrw if possible, so something from Argos or wherever would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Digital camera advice

We're a two-camera household, don'tcherknow. Mrs C has a Canon Ixus 70, I have an Olympus Mu-some-number-or-other. The Canon is the better camera all round - nicer to use and sharper pictures with richer colours.

Comment

Digital camera advice

I'm finding the Ixus 90 for £145. Is that reasonable?

Comment

Digital camera advice

Doesn't sound bad at all.

When you buy a camera remember to add the cost of a decent-size memory card. Absolutely essential. If you get any memory at all as standard with the camera, it'll only be enough to hold a handful of shots.

If you go to a camera or electronics shop - as opposed to somewhere like Argos - it's quite possible you'll be able to blag a 4 or 8 MB card as part of the deal.

Comment

Digital camera advice

As it happens, I've gone for a much cheaper one- a SAMSUNG D1070 for £70. I'll buy a 2gb memory card. Does this make sense?

I can't stress enough how basic my needs are.

Comment

Digital camera advice

I used to tell all the girls that.

Oddly it never worked.

Comment

Digital camera advice

2GB should be fine for that camera Tubby. 10MP isn't that basic but then pixels aren't everything. My camera takes enormous (file size) photos and I can get by with a total of about 7GB of memory (in the form of five or six cards).

Comment

Digital camera advice

Amor de Cosmos wrote:
                I used to tell all the girls that.
                "You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance that thinks they're low maintenance."

/whms

Comment

Digital camera advice

Workplace hazardous materials storage?

Comment

Digital camera advice

LOL!

That means Lots of Love, as I understand it.

Comment

Digital camera advice

My only advice would be to take the camera outside and try taking a few shots with it before you buy (or nip to Jessops before buying online).

Very few compact cameras have a viewfinder these days, and people are seduced by big ol' glittery screens on the back of the device - but they can be absolutely hopeless for framing a shot in bright sunlight and you'll find yourself wishing for a viewfinder.

Comment

Working...
                      X