Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazis in Newcastle

E10 Rifle wrote:
    Is there much of a difference between a "sub-marxist" desire and a marxist one?

A sub marxist, yesterday.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
      Why on Earth... wrote:
      You'll be saying next I can't laugh at that preposterous white rasta who hands out gig flyers at Turnpike Lane. I didn't fight in two world wars to be told that.
      Is that the "Aba Shanti!" guy?

Wow, he's been around London as long as I have (i.e. since the late 80s at least).
      Blimey, I thought he was trapped in Brixton. If we're talking about the same Aba Shanti guy, he's quite short and Catweezely. "Aba! Shanti! Aba! Big dance! Aba! Shanti! Roots! Big dance!", he shouts at everyone comeing out of Brixton tube.

I spotted him in a pub once and tried to talk to him about reggae. I managed to get two words out of him: "Tubbys, innit."

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

That's the fella.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

I managed to get two words out of him: "Tubbys, innit."
          He does have a point.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Yeah, I couldn't really argue with that.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

I am quite upset by all this. I would say 'offended' but the way I feel about this at the moment is not even as rational as 'offended'. I'm just rather pissed off and exasperated
              Clive mate. Ignore it. Carmody sees cause and effect everywhere. He's more paranoid than people who watch The Matrix and think it's true.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Yeah, you need have no worries about anyone sensible agreeing with him.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Lucia Lanigan wrote:
                  Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                  Why on Earth... wrote:
                  You'll be saying next I can't laugh at that preposterous white rasta who hands out gig flyers at Turnpike Lane. I didn't fight in two world wars to be told that.
                  Is that the "Aba Shanti!" guy?

Wow, he's been around London as long as I have (i.e. since the late 80s at least).
                  Blimey, I thought he was trapped in Brixton. If we're talking about the same Aba Shanti guy, he's quite short and Catweezely. "Aba! Shanti! Aba! Big dance! Aba! Shanti! Roots! Big dance!", he shouts at everyone comeing out of Brixton tube.

I spotted him in a pub once and tried to talk to him about reggae. I managed to get two words out of him: "Tubbys, innit."
                  Yep, definitely the same guy, then. I've seen him in Camden and Notting Hill, as well.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

hobbes wrote:
                    I am quite upset by all this. I would say 'offended' but the way I feel about this at the moment is not even as rational as 'offended'. I'm just rather pissed off and exasperated
                    Clive mate. Ignore it. Carmody sees cause and effect everywhere. He's more paranoid than people who watch The Matrix and think it's true.
                    Aye.

This is the guy who wanted me sacked from the Independent On Sunday as a Zionist-Atlanticist traitor, because I happen to support a football team who come from the same city as The Beatles.

Or something.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                      This is the guy who wanted me sacked from the Independent On Sunday as a Zionist-Atlanticist traitor, because I happen to support a football team who come from the same city as The Beatles.
                      Supporting Liverpool should be a capital offence...

But Nazis eh? Shiny headed buffoons, bake bean stained camos and Doc Martens...when will it all end?

Takes me back to March '97 when I ran into two 'Nazis' on my way back to my room after another night of drunken derring do. As I walked around Schwedenplatz in a half baked state, I bumped into two teenage youths with shaven heads, bomber jackets and camos.

I didn't pay attention to them really, as I was too busy trying to put one foot in front of the other due to the temporary absence of co-ordination and basic motor skills. Anyway, they showed me their knives, did a Nazi salute, grabbed their crotch, swore at me in German and gave me the finger...

Horrible urchins.

Vienna was nice though, I heartily recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Meanwhile, elsewhere;

Arrived at 'The Trip to Jerusalem' at 12:00pm to see St George open his new shop in the upstairs bar. Buy half a pint of Greene King (or as the locals call it “Greedy King”). A BBC man asks me why I am here. “I represent the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Dragons”, he smiles but I bet that won't go out on the 6 o'clock news, the media wants this to be a serious day.

St George arrives on his horse, has a drink and poses for the photographers and a few tourists. He dismounts and goes upstairs to cut the ribbon. He walks past me after the ceremony. “Did you cut the ribbon with your sword?”, I ask. “No, I had to use a pair of scissors because of health and safety regulations”, he says rather sheepishly. The manager of 'The Trip' confirms this.

I go outside, a bloke from 'Smooth Radio' looks at my Elvis badge. “Elvis and St George”, I shout, he smiles and says, “a lethal combination”, then goes to interview an old couple draped in St Georges flags. After the interview, the old guy comes over to me and says “the turnout's disgraceful, if Bin Laden had been here on a camel, the place would have been packed. People don't know who St George is these days”, his wife shushes him. “Did you know one adult in ten can't identify a sheep?”, I say trying to get him off the subject. “I bet they could if it was a black one”, he snaps. His wife shushes him again.

They wander off towards the Square and St George rides off to Nottingham Castle. I hope the cops don't pick him up for being over the limit, that would really spoil his day. I get home and ring the Daily Star news desk and tell them about St George, the scissors and health and safety regulations. “Not for us” a voice say briskly at the other end. I ring a few more media outlets, people laugh but show a similar reticence to use the story. St George is being restored to his role as the national saviour in these days of doom and gloom and nothing is going to be allowed to undermine his dignity, certainly not Bin Laden on a camel, health and safety regulations or the R.S.P.C.D.

Lord Biro
                        24 April 2009

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Robin can easily be ignored on this subject, given his remarks on Kanye West back on the old board.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Actually, it may have been Jay-Z.

WHO'S THE RACIST NOW!

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

To be fair, I find some of Robin's posts insightful and thought-provoking, but on other occasions he undermines his case by shoehorning in politico-cultural points about pop music, and vice versa, into places that they just don't fit. Or indeed make sense. As in this discussion.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Can't believe I never spotted you SR :-)
                                I passed by about 11.15 and saw all the flags. made a point of walking through them and eyeballing them. there was only a few coppers when I passed and a growing crowd of bemused onlookers and the anti mob round the corner. by the time I got back from my dentist app it was all finished.
                                I'm told they travelled from as far away as Hull.I recognized quite a few of the BNP mob from previous encounters and once again was astounded at how white supremecists always seem to be the absolute dregs of the white scum :-)
                                Several grubby Rangers trackies and baseball caps..no surprise there.
                                They had fucking Orange march through the town on the saturday before. And same as last year the march was allowed to stop outside the catholic cathedral to bang out their loudest tune. Having Orange marches seems to be their latest tactic to get around opposition to BNP marches. We've had three in the last four years and I don't remember there ever being one before that. There's not even a single orange lodge in Newcastle but us council taxpayers are having to pay for the policing of their fucking marches :-(

PS I heard the lass who was arrested had tried to get stuck into some skinheads :-)

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

E10 Rifle wrote:
                                  To be fair, I find some of Robin's posts insightful and thought-provoking...
                                  Yeah, likewise. But not this one. Fuck no.

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

I missed all this (and The Specials...) cos I was up visiting my Dad in Dunfermline.

It may seem like faint consolation, but each of the last 3 years they've let the scum march through the city, not just pose at Monument, to commemorate St Jordi's day. The NF, being the rump of old hardcore-style Brit-Nazism, had national mobilisations to get the tens of boneheads necessary to march together. This year it seems to have been a Northern-only mobilisation and maybe the cops told them they weren't policing a march of such paltry numbers.

(yes, that's right, I just made a vaguely positive sounding comment about the police....)

Comment

Nazis in Newcastle

Good riddance.

Comment

Working...
                                      X