So, Gran Canaria then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Gran Canaria then?

I'm off there a week tomorrow and I can hardly wait. Booked it yesterday.
    Actually, I have no intention of seeing or doing anything, so this thread's a bit pointless as I'm not after any tips or hints.
    I really just wanted to make you all jealous that I'll be laying on the beach in the sunshine and 27C of heat, sipping cold lager, reading lots of books and listening to music while I gently cook.

So, Gran Canaria then?

I went for a long weekend earlier in the year to get a splash of winter sun. We left the nice hotel compound only once. The outside world by the coast is a hideous dump populated by the most taste-challenged Eurochavs (and their parents).

The interior is lovely, barren and mountainous, but we didn't go very far as the GF got petrified by the narrow roads and steep ravines.

So I'd say your current plans are pretty much right - do nothing, sit by the pool or on the beach, drink beer, eat crap, read lots, go bright red.

Comment

So, Gran Canaria then?

Gran Canaria's the one that's got a sodding great fault line down the middle of it, which one day is going to collapse in a huge tremor that will spill trillions of tonnes of rock into the Atlantic, causing a tsunami that will sweep up across the Atlantic and obliterate everything on the Western coast of Europe and the Eastern seaboard of the USA.

Obviously, I trust this doesn't occur while hobbes is on his sunlounger sipping a banana dacquiri.

Comment

So, Gran Canaria then?

If it happens, the half that doesn't collapse is probably the safest place to be. The tidal waves will e going the other way after all.

Comment

So, Gran Canaria then?

Just make sure you have your cocktail in a plastic tumbler, I reckon. You wouldn't want the risk of having to tiptoe around broken glass by the pool.

Comment

So, Gran Canaria then?

Fear not, the island that could split in two is La Palma.

Comment

So, Gran Canaria then?

For unadulterated lying in the sun you've done well. For anythign else, it's a shithole.

Comment

So, Gran Canaria then?

That's a relief. It means P won't be hassling me to go sight-seeing.
                I can bask for a week.

Comment

So, Gran Canaria then?

If you haven't left yet, Hobbes - bon voyage! Have a great holiday.

Comment

Working...
                  X