Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true there are no stoners in Holland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, hardly any. According to the Internet, just six per cent of Dutch people have used cannabis during the last year, compared with twice that proportion in the "war on drugs" USA. Which shows you how effective the whole thing seems to be.

Mind, they're all knackering their hearts by drinking eighteen cups of strong coffee a day, in my experience.

I bet they're all lying about it.

Comment

And if "war on drugs" Britian tried a different approach, it could save the country up to £14bn.

Comment

According to the Internet

Comment

I'm surprised it's as high as 6% actually, a couple of years ago the biggest survey ever undertaken showed that cannabis use in N.L. was less than half of what the government had previously presumed to be the case.

Smoking dope is something that 16 and 17 years olds do here, it's considered embarrassingly immature behavior.

Comment

Having spent a wee amount of time as tourist and resident, I would concur, and say, its probably a lot less than 6%. There is a hell of a lot of cannabis use in the tourist industry, but that is generally by and for, tourists.

Netherlands is reputed to be a tolerant place, but step outside of Amsterdam (or a largish town) and you will find the same type of small minded religious and non-religious (pseudo-racist) fuckwits, as in any other country.

Comment

Hmm, maybe I hung with the wrong crowd, but I'd say that 50% of the people in my age group in Holland were into it regularily. The average in Amsterdam is probably higher or something.

edit: no pun intended

Comment

Canada is right up there in terms of usage, partly because production has been high to meet demand south of the border.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/drugs/users.html

Comment

Mrs Earth used to be well into it. And she's Canadian. Never really got on with the stuff myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X