Who will recycle the bins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chorley council has just parked its latest tank on my lawn - a FOURTH bin for recycling.

I now have more unrecyclable plastic parked outside my house that I have ever, at any time, had inside it.

A green bin for "ordinary household waste". A brown one for "garden waste". Another green one (gets confusing this) for plastics, and today, a bright blue one for "newspapers, cardboard, junk mail (most of mine comes from Chorley Council!) and tins and glass bottles".

Aside from garden waste, plastics, newspapers, junk mail and glass, I'm struggling to think of what's left out of "ordinary household waste" to even put in my original green bin. Belly-button fluff?

I'm okay, although pissed off, because I have a driveway down the side of my house that all these monstrosities can sit on. But the vast majority of households, that are either terraced or semi-detached, will now have no option but to park all of these wheely bins in front of their properties permanently. Which will basically make the whole village look less like a picturesque Lancashire village than a refuse dump.

It's shit, and unnecessary. Everyone used to get by with one bin, that was emptied once a week. Now we have FOUR, that are emptied twice a month.

I'm all for saving polar bears, so I'm beginning to think I'd like to apply to have one of the fuckers in my garden, instead of these 4 fucking bins. I think the bear would be quite happy going THROUGH the bins for food, come to that, and that's the point, isn't it?

NIMFY

Comment

Ordinary household waste isn't food waste, is it?

Are these actual, proper wheely bins then? Massive bastards? That does seem a bit ill through if so. Why would you need a wheely bin to put junk mail in? Joking apart, no-one gets that much junk mail.

Comment

Luxury!

My mum has to take a bus (!!!) to get to the nearest re-cycle point for bottles (the council takes tins and newspapers, but not bottles - go figure). She doesn't even live in the countryside - it's a council estate.

Comment

We had to chew our glass into a fine paste before the council would accept it. But we were happy etc...

Comment

We used to dream about chewing glass into a fine paste, etc.

Comment

Incandenza wrote:
              NIMFY

Comment

Your neighbours are welcome to build a nice little wooden lean-to for them to reside in. It will make your village look more villagey.

Comment

Working...
                X