Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for my 50th?

I can't ignore it any longer...I turn 50 this July :-(
    keep getting invites to old school friends 50th parties....I hate the idea of a party for myself but am feeling I really ought to do something special for this one

current thoughts are along the lines of...

hire a motor and tour around Ireland for a week

fly to Tokyo and stay with my brother (he's live there 35 years and I've never visited)

take the girlfriend to... Berlin,Paris,Rome,Barcelona, Madrid or some such place with plenty of museums and art galleries

any good ideas? anything going on anywhere in the world around 2nd of July that might be worth considering?

I've already bought my own present(s)14th electric guitar just acquired

Suggestions for my 50th?

That's a shame. I noticed that the thread wasn't "Suggestions for my goth" before I had a chance to post a suggestion

Did you have a dog collar and lead?

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

When my Dad turned 50 I bought him a walking stick, a tweed jacket and a bottle of Sanatogen pills.

He had the last laugh, though, he's 60 now and gets free bus travel and gas and electricity for his house, not like he can't pay for it himself, the rich old tosser.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

This will be topical for me in about a year and a half. This is the scariest thought I've had in a long time. I'm thinking of maybe going to the World Cup finals in South Africa to celebrate mine, but I expect it's more likely that I'll go to watch Oxford in Kettering or somewhere.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

14th guitar? Vordi, you are Rick Neilsen out of Cheap trick and I claim my $5.

I bought my first tweed jacket aged 16.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

Duncan Gardner wrote:
            14th guitar? Vordi, you are Rick Neilsen out of Cheap trick and I claim my $5.

I bought my first tweed jacket aged 16.
            I bought my first Tweed jacket last year :-)in a charity shop..

the 14th guitar just couldn't be resisted...Mexican Fender Strat with Fender hard case for £149..I'd have been a fool to resist (the case alone is worth £75)

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

Ooh, nice. I am not even a Fender fan

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

I'd say a quick trip to The Bernie Inn with the wife, Vordi, and then back home sharpish before any young people see you out and about.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

I'm already planning my 50th, in eight years time. I've actually got most of the arrangements in place. I'll do exactly what I did for my 40th and for my 30th. Absolutely nothing. Maybe have a meal with the family. But no fucking party.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

Looks like we share a birthday.

I think Tokyo, and then go to Kyoto or other lovely bits of Japan. Fabulous place.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

I initially read the title of this thread on the "world" page as "Suggestions for my goth?", and wondered if you had a friend who was looking for recommendations in the neck-chain line.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

I'm not sure why there's a "no celebrations" vibe on this thread.

Now I'm old, I milk every opportunity to get the usual suspects ("I've got a wife, kids!") out and about and a birthday excuse works very well.

You'd be misguided to pass that up, Vorderman.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

the more I think about it I reckon it must be Tokyo..my brother has replied. he has plenty of room in his flat and can take pretty much any time off work he wants..I think i have to go for it, might never get another chance...not too keen on all that flying..or on the earthquakes over there
                          spot of flight checking is my task for the next few days...mmm....wonder if they still do passenger ships? now that would be cool, to sail to Japan :-)

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

The Bored Of The Dance tribute act competition is next week, Soames

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

What bored and soames said.

I'd go for a party, meself. But if you're not up for that, I'm right out of ideas.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

Apologies, Bored. Lazy approach to reading on my part. Now reflected in my change of moniker to the name of the notoriously lazy Earl of the Remove.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

No problem, Soames.

For my 40th, I got a load of musician mates together and tortured my freinds and family with terrible renditions of my favourite punk and metal numbers.

The party then went downhill as the 1927 club contingent returned fire with City songs and then one of them tried to shag an inflatable Santa

I shall be doing similar for my 50th

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

I keep reading this as "Suggestions for my goth".

Like, you know, cheer up, etc.

Edit: shit, I see I'm not the only one either.

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

I thought the form with these sort of things is to surround yourself with good friends and get ripped to the tits on drink and drugs, no?

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

Hmm. It looks like "suggestions for my goth" is poised to be the new Sophie Ellis Bextor cancelling her sponsorship of Zenedine Zidane after he murdered Carphone Warehouse in Paris or something...

Comment

Suggestions for my 50th?

If you choose Ireland, JustSayNo, bring a brolly and lots of money...
                                          I'd go for the pub with family & friends, have finger food layed on on the night itself ( or as near as you can get to it ). And why not mark the year that's in it with that trip to Tokyo too ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X