Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo! Personals helps me learn

link

Relationship alert: 82 percent of affairs happen with someone who was at first "just a friend," according to noted infidelity researcher Shirley P. Glass.
    So... despite any obvious signs of cheating in your so-called friendship, ask yourself: Are you having an emotional affair?
    You've Probably Crossed the Line if You...

1. Touch your male friend in "legal" ways, like picking lint off his blazer.
    2. Pay extra attention to how you look before you see him.
    3. Think crush-like thoughts like "He'd love this song!"
    4. Tell him more details about your day than you do your partner.
    5. No longer feel comfortable telling your mate about this person and begin to cover up your relationship.
    6. Experience increasing sensual tension; you admit your attraction to him but also insist to yourself that you would never act on it.

It's About to Get Physical When You...

1. Find yourself feeling vulnerable and turn to the other man for support rather than to your mate or a trusted relative or girlfriend.
    2. Accelerate the level of intimacy through sensual or suggestive talk over email or the phone.
    3. Put yourself in a situation where the two of you could be alone.

You Can Avoid the Potential Affair if You...

1. Stay honest with your partner. Share with him all your hopes, triumphs, and failures -- as well as your attractions and temptations, which will help keep you from acting on them.
    2. Make time for just the two of you on a regular basis -- away from the kids, your friends, and family.
    3. Surround yourself with happy couples who don't believe in fooling around. Having positive, emotionally connected role models will help you stay on track.

Readers Reveal: "I Knew I'd Gone too Far When..."

"The guy who I was flirting with regularly over email attended the same event as me and my fiance. When I introduced them, my face flushed as red as a tomato -- I felt embarrassed and guilty about my fiance meeting this guy, so I knew what I was doing was wrong." -- Carolyn, 31, Westfield, NJ

"During one night of partying, my best guy friend and I confessed we had always liked each other. He was a perfect gentleman and left my place before we crossed the physical line. The next day I was completely embarrassed and knew that I didn't want to jeopardize the relationship with my boyfriend so I ended the friendship. And now the boyfriend is my husband, so I'm glad I did." -- Allie, 29, Yonkers, NY

"The cute tech guy who I'd been flirting with at my office said to me, 'You're not going to invite me in?' after I accepted a ride home from him. I liked the attention of him buying me vending machine snacks and complimenting me, but my husband would've had a heart attack if he knew." -- Amy, 38, Chicago

"My best guy friend and I were snuggled on his couch underneath a blanket when I realized that neither his girlfriend nor my boyfriend would be happy if they saw us -- and that our platonic relationship wasn't as platonic as we thought." -- Kim, 35, New Orleans

"Julie and I had always taken the train together into work, and I got into the habit of bringing along bagels with cream cheese to share on the way. Then one morning we found ourselves the only passengers in the rail car, so we dropped the bagels and had a mind-blowing fully-clothed fuck. Woah, I thought, are we more than 'just friends' now?" -- Joe, 32, NYC

Okay I invented that last one.

Imagine my surprise...

Comment

I'm guessing one fairly clear sign that you are not necessarily 100% committed to being faithful to your partner is being signed up to Yahoo Personals.

Comment

"The cute tech guy who I'd been flirting with at my office said to me, 'You're not going to invite me in?' after I accepted a ride home from him. I liked the attention of him buying me vending machine snacks and complimenting me, but my husband would've had a heart attack if he knew." -- Amy, 38, Chicago
        The least she can do is come across after accepting all those vending machine snacks, the little gold-digging tease.

Comment

ad hoc wrote:
          I'm guessing one fairly clear sign that you are not necessarily 100% committed to being faithful to your partner is being signed up to Yahoo Personals.
          To be clear, I'm not. It was featured on the Yahoo homepage this morning.

Comment

No, wasn't accusing you. But presumably this document is being sent to their subscribers.

Comment

Why on Earth... wrote:
              The least she can do is come across after accepting all those vending machine snacks, the little gold-digging tease.
              "Hey, I don't see no Hula Hoops on these fingers"

Comment

"My best guy friend and I were snuggled on his couch underneath a blanket when I realized that neither his girlfriend nor my boyfriend would be happy if they saw us -- and that our platonic relationship wasn't as platonic as we thought." -- Kim, 35, New Orleans
                Well, duh.

Comment

Bruno wrote:
                  "During one night of partying, my best guy friend and I confessed we had always liked each other. He was a perfect gentleman and left my place before we crossed the physical line. The next day I was completely embarrassed and knew that I didn't want to jeopardize the relationship with my boyfriend so I ended the friendship. And now the boyfriend is my husband, so I'm glad I did." -- Allie, 29, Yonkers, NY
                  How many Allies are there in Yonkers? Let's hope that's a fake name.

Comment

I thought that said "licking pint off his blazer", maybe it's the circles I move in. Apart from the blazer, obviously.

Comment

How many Allies are there in Yonkers?
                      They're all on our side as far as I'm aware.

Comment

MsD wrote:
                        I thought that said "licking pint off his blazer", maybe it's the circles I move in. Apart from the blazer, obviously.
                        I read it correctly but immediately thought of picking fleas out of his scalp. (Which wouldn't likely happen unless there'd already been several at-bats, obv.)

Comment

Working...
                        X