Men who never dive with their watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That excuse didn't work for Tom and it won't work for you either.

Comment

Insert witty username wrote:
      If I put on my coat I've got 7 or 8 pockets in which to misplace my phone. If I put it in the mobile pocket in my jacket it takes me ages to get it out with my sausage-like fingers, and, in any case, if I keep it in my jacket I have to unbotton my coat to reach for it, which is a pain.
      I'm OCD enough to put my phone in the same pocket every time. Oddly, I put it in the same pocket of my riding jacket, even though I couldn't get to it if I had to, and I couldn't talk into it if I could get to it.

Comment

When you say "riding jacket", are you talking about horses?

Comment

Yeah. I'm WornOldGelding.

Comment

WornOldMotorbike wrote:
            Insert witty username wrote:
            If I put on my coat I've got 7 or 8 pockets in which to misplace my phone. If I put it in the mobile pocket in my jacket it takes me ages to get it out with my sausage-like fingers, and, in any case, if I keep it in my jacket I have to unbotton my coat to reach for it, which is a pain.
            I'm OCD enough to put my phone in the same pocket every time. Oddly, I put it in the same pocket of my riding jacket, even though I couldn't get to it if I had to, and I couldn't talk into it if I could get to it.
            Is it OCD to put your phone in the same pocket every time? What about your wallet or keys?

Comment

I tend to put things in the same place all the time. I hate not being able to locate stuff. I don't put my keys in my pocket. If I'm home, they're in the key box. If I'm at work, they're in my desk drawer.

Now, about the wallet. I'm a front-pocket wallet guy. An ex who was an RMT told me what kind of damage you do to your back by having your wallet in your back pocket. It can cause all sorts of trouble.

But, I mentioned to Mrs WOM that, if she needed an Xmas gift idea, I needed a new wallet. So she, bless her heart, saw one on Sundance online and ordered it. And while it's truly a thing of beauty - and certainly 'me', like she thought it would be - the goddamn thing is so big it won't fit in my front pocket. So now I have to carry it around in my jacket pocket, which I hate. So my manbag (see other thread) will certainly come in more handy when the warm weather sets in.

Comment

I've never been able to put my wallet in my back pocket. I don't know how guys can do that. It's just so damn uncomfortable when you sit down, even with all of the padding that I have.

Comment

WornOldMotorbike wrote:
                  Now, about the wallet. I'm a front-pocket wallet guy. An ex who was an RMT told me what kind of damage you do to your back by having your wallet in your back pocket.
                  Yeah, they're good on that stuff, your railway employees.

Comment

(More seriously, I'm assuming that in Canada RMT isn't a trade union.)

Comment

Registered Massage Therapist.

And yes, like the Seinfeld episode, I couldn't get a back rub from her if my life depended on it.

Probably because I said something along the lines of "After rubbing so many people the wrong way all these years, it's ironic that you've decided to..."

Long story short, it didn't work out.

Comment

Oooo...but the RMT giftshop have a lovely vest for just £3. I could use that for riding season. Better than the Helly Hansen jacket for £60.

Comment

Working...
                        X