Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeopathic orange juice.

Comment

Have I shared the ThankYou range of products? Warms the cockles of the heart.

Comment

I've got nothing against the charitable element, but the blurb can fuck right off.

Comment

Anyone else here seen the Oatly packaging? (It's a milk alternative made from oats)

Comment

Does anyone know the dress code for eating these...Off the Eaten Path – Caramelised Onion & Balsamic Vinegar Pea and Pinto Bean Stick Crisps? I'm guessing a man bun might be appropriate.

Comment

Does this review on Sainsbo's help?

Off the Eaten Path Caramelised Onion & Balsamic Vinegar Pea & Pinto Bean Stick Crisps 100gOnly £1.50: Save 75p

1 out of 5

Okay but don't be duped by the trendy packaging - made by Walkers/Pepsico

I will admit I bought these because the package stood out and looked like an alternative snack instead of those graze pouches.
              So I picked up a box which does look very pretty with a clear package inside. On my return home I decided to try them - I was kind of disappointed that that there was essentially a bag of crisps cardboard box. It was definitely style over substance and didn't represent good value for money for 100g.
              The taste was okay, edible. I ate what was provided in the bag. Forgettable? Yes. Would I buy again? Perhaps if the price point was around a pound.
              However what annoyed me most about this product "Off the Eaten Path" nothing is authentic about this product, and yes I feel duped as there is no reference to walkers owning this brand on the packaging apart from the address which is same address as walkers. I just feel brands are trying too hard to be authentic and they aren't doing themselves any favours and ultimately leads to disappointment.
              Last edited by Kevin S; 26-07-2017, 09:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                Does anyone know the dress code for eating these...Off the Eaten Path – Caramelised Onion & Balsamic Vinegar Pea and Pinto Bean Stick Crisps? I'm guessing a man bun might be appropriate.
                I think you'd have to go the whole hipster hog - waxed moustache, tortoiseshell specs, lumberjack shirt, dungarees, Chuck Taylors. Wash them down with some Pabst Blue Ribbon or a flat white.

Comment

Kev's report above reminds me this isn't the first time recently Walkers have created an 'authentic' brand out of wholecloth like this – I did a market-research survey a couple of years ago before they (as it turned out to be) launched the 'Market Deli' range of premium crisp-type products, which as I recall didn't say anywhere that they were made by Walkers. The present packaging and the name of its website suggests that they may have been encouraged to make this clearer since then. A few years before they also did the 'Red Sky' range, which I think may have been similarly obtuse about its origins.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                    Does this review on Sainsbo's help?

Off the Eaten Path Caramelised Onion & Balsamic Vinegar Pea & Pinto Bean Stick Crisps 100gOnly £1.50: Save 75p

1 out of 5

Okay but don't be duped by the trendy packaging - made by Walkers/Pepsico

I will admit I bought these because the package stood out and looked like an alternative snack instead of those graze pouches.
                    So I picked up a box which does look very pretty with a clear package inside. On my return home I decided to try them - I was kind of disappointed that that there was essentially a bag of crisps cardboard box. It was definitely style over substance and didn't represent good value for money for 100g.
                    The taste was okay, edible. I ate what was provided in the bag. Forgettable? Yes. Would I buy again? Perhaps if the price point was around a pound.
                    However what annoyed me most about this product "Off the Eaten Path" nothing is authentic about this product, and yes I feel duped as there is no reference to walkers owning this brand on the packaging apart from the address which is same address as walkers. I just feel brands are trying too hard to be authentic and they aren't doing themselves any favours and ultimately leads to disappointment.
                    Hah, good research Kev - I tend to avoid reading reviews, but reading that is the reason I'm OUT.

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                    I think you'd have to go the whole hipster hog - waxed moustache, tortoiseshell specs, lumberjack shirt, dungarees, Chuck Taylors. Wash them down with some Pabst Blue Ribbon or a flat white.
                    Damn...I hate growing a moustache.

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                    Kev's report above reminds me this isn't the first time recently Walkers have created an 'authentic' brand out of wholecloth like this – I did a market-research survey a couple of years ago before they (as it turned out to be) launched the 'Market Deli' range of premium crisp-type products, which as I recall didn't say anywhere that they were made by Walkers. The present packaging and the name of its website suggests that they may have been encouraged to make this clearer since then. A few years before they also did the 'Red Sky' range, which I think may have been similarly obtuse about its origins.
                    I shouldn't be I suppose, at my age, but in the current digital age, where news is global, especially bad, I'm surprised that large companies still think of the consumer largely as an idiot. No doubt they have the figures to back it up.

Comment

But... but... look at how voluminously pillowy those lovely Market Deli bags are, and how they call them "potato chips" instead of crisps, and how they are "inspired by authentic produce"! Take my £2 a bag now!

Comment

Talking of fake homely not-at-all-corporate brands, check out Teapigs with their "tea temples" and brown cardboard packaging.

Owned by the company who own Tetley. A large Indian conglomerate called Tata.

Although my ire is reserved for Innocent and other smoothie shillers who pass themselves off as "healthy". That stuff has near toxic levels of sugar in. You may as well give your kids Coke.

Comment

Artisan
                          Hand made
                          Hand selected
                          Hand cooked
                          Authentic
                          Heritage

That'll be twice the price, please.

Comment

Unless you are talking about cards for occasions, in which case "half the price, please".

Bloody craft TV channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              Although my ire is reserved for Innocent and other smoothie shillers who pass themselves off as "healthy". That stuff has near toxic levels of sugar in. You may as well give your kids Coke.
                              You know who owns Innocent, right?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                You know who owns Innocent, right?

Yeah that's the irony. "We won't give our kids the brown soda in the red can. Here's a bottle of processed fructose with the nutritious bits taken out."

Comment

I know a few OTFers like Nutella, but really, I ask you:

Comment

A pack of nut bars, on the off chance you were wondering. They were dry and a bit bland.

Comment

The Nutella thing reminds me of nutella-themed graffiti on the back of a motorway sign between Antwerp and Gent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                        A pack of nut bars, on the off chance you were wondering. They were dry and a bit bland.

Have standards for this kind of thing changed to the point where I'm only finding that blurb slightly nauseating as opposed to full-on vomit inducing?

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                          The Nutella thing reminds me of nutella-themed graffiti on the back of a motorway sign between Antwerp and Gent.

That's brilliant

Comment

Anyone in touch with Spearmint Rhino should tell him his threads are being resurrected one by one

Comment

Comment

When vegetables are referred to as ‘veggies’. It’s an entire food group, don’t reduce it to a cutesy nickname.

Comment

So, this, on a packet of hula hoops. I don't really think they can be considered "part of" a balanced diet, more "in addition to". But I the creative ambiguity is admirable in its nefarious way

Comment

Well they say "snacks" rather than "this product". But everything and anything which doesn't on its own provide more than a day's worth of anything can be part of a balanced diet, no? The phrase is pretty meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X