Clear All

Pat Kenny

Words fail.

Pat Kenny

Good suffering jesus.

Lets get him fired

Comment

Pat Kenny

Jebus. He'll be telling Paul Hession to black up for future meetings.

Comment

Pat Kenny

In 2007, the most recent year for which figures are available, Pat Kenny earned €849,139 from RTE.

Comment

Pat Kenny

He had use of a €113,000 BMW for that year too as a brand ambassador for them.

Comment

Pat Kenny

Where's Bryan and his picture of Dutchmen blacking up?

Comment

Pat Kenny

He also spent €2,000,000 on a quarter acre of bare hillside in Dalkey after a hilarious and highly unsuccessful attempt to steal a chunk of a neighbouring solicitors garden. It was never going to work.

For Those of you who don't know who pat Kenny is, He's Ireland's main chat show host, and presents the late Late show, the longest running chatshow on television. He has a list of memorable faux pas, and disastrous tv interviews to put alan Partridge to shame.

Comment

Pat Kenny

Kenny announced tonight on the Late Late that he "won't be doing the show next year", so bringing to an end twelve full years of car-crash television, botched interviews, toe-curling fauxs pas, and too many excruciating gaffes to count. The question is where RTE are going to find a piece of wood big enough to fill his shoes.

So long, Pat, you splendidly useless bastard.

Comment

Pat Kenny

What did he say? The video has been removed by the powers that be.

The question is where RTE are going to find a piece of wood big enough to fill his shoes.
                  My money is on Gráinne Seoige. She's like Pat Kenny without the gaffes. (i.e. even more boring)

If I was in charge of RTE I'd try and get John Kelly or Dave Fanning, but neither would be interested. And rightfully so.

Comment

Pat Kenny

my money is on joe duffy.

i saw the start of the late late last night. the first piece was brian o'driscoll, paul o'connell, rory best and declan kidney ("declan - you're a ledge, as they say in the business") who were introduced by a country and western grand slam-themed singalong. after the excruciating rugby interviews were over he turned to camera and said - "i've got some news which might disappoint some people - hopefully disappoint some people - surprise others, and maybe make some people happy. don't go away!"

what the fuck is he talking about, i thought, the obvious truth never occurring to me. i assumed it was a reference to whatever shitty competition they were running later in the programme. his next item was some boring actress so i flicked to something else and missed the bombshell.

Comment

Pat Kenny

Fanning's an awful interviewer, even worse than Plank. Check out Planet Rock Profiles some time and you'll see what I mean. He talks over people all the time and his questions go on for weeks.

John Kelly would be regarded as too weird and not well-known enough. They'll give it to Tubridy.

I bumped into Grainne Seoige's ex co-host Joe O'Shea in the pub the other night -- hadn't seen him in years. I tried to get some gossip out of him regarding Seoige and her supposedly high-maintenance ways. All he would say on the subject was that "it was like being on a team where the centre-forward doesn't want to pass to anybody else".

Comment

Pat Kenny

Maybe she should swap jobs with Craig Bellamy.

Comment

Pat Kenny

That last one there is absolutely brilliant, and there's good stuff throughout. Thanks for posting those up.

Comment

Pat Kenny

I was listening to the start of his radio show this morning and he was reading out emails saying "Don't go, Pat, the nation just won't be able to go on without you" and similar. The only departure from that theme was when he'd read out an e-mail congratulating him on his imminent retirement, and saying that it was great that he was getting out while he was on top."

There was a noticeable lack of emails asking if asking a 7 year old questions about the enormous amount of money he didn't win, asking him if he was going to pretend to be a minstrel, and then questioning his sexuality, wasn't a sign that it was time for him to fuck off.

Comment

Working...
                            X