• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicholas Soames MP

Not happy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7955609.stm

Nicholas Soames MP

Soames - "He was a man of his time..."
    Absolutely. Just because he wanted to gas the Kurds then, doesn't mean he'd want to do it now!

He did, of course, have the option to join Moseley's fascists and passed, so I suppose Soames is probably right in a way.

Comment

Nicholas Soames MP

Are we able to do the Griffin-Churchill comparison backwards, and assume that Griffin would have done what Churchill did? I can certainly see Griffin mucking up the Dardanelles and wading in to the General Strike. But I can't see him introducing old age pensions or indeed leading the country in WW2.

Comment

Nicholas Soames MP

Journalist's voiceover: "Winston Churchill was the Prime Minister that led Britain through World War two."

Good grief.

Comment

Nicholas Soames MP

And another WWII reference from those lovable "not in any way racist" rogues down in Waltham Cross…

Guffaw!

He said: "It's not like the BNP are against Polish people as a nation. We are against Polish people coming over here and undercutting British workers. I mean how would the Polish people feel if their government started letting in millions of Vietnamese and letting them work for three bowls of rice a day. That's exactly what it's like over here at the moment - our government has let far too many people in."

The last major example of the Polish coming over here and taking our jobs was, as the Telegraph notes, during the aforementioned Battle of Britain when their pilots accounted for 203 Luftwaffe aircraft - roughly "12 per cent of total German losses".

Comment

Working...
          X