The earth moves again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The earth moves again

A second earthquake in less than a fortnight. The last one, which threw my son off his chair, shook the whole house. This one was during working hours – the office roof made a horrible noise and the power briefly went off.

After the last one, Victoria Police complained that hundreds of people phoned to say "there's been an earthquake." I'm not sure what they expected the police to do about it and I don't think the police knew either.

The earth moves again

Good to hear you're in one piece, MA ;-)

Mrs Max had to tell me. I didn't even notice! She's watching the news now. I guess the subwoofer on the 5:1 speaker kit I have rigged up to the PC for "Tunes while I work" is doing a good job!

Comment

The earth moves again

...that said if the Epicentre turns out to be Reservoir, I'll turn it down, I promise!

Comment

The earth moves again

News reports are saying the epicentre was in exactly the same place as 2 weeks ago - a small town in Gippsland just south of Melbourne. That seems like an amazing coincidence but maybe that's how these things work. The richter scale measurement of 4.6 is the same as well.

Comment

The earth moves again

Maybe Aum Shinrikyo are up to their old tricks again...?

Comment

The earth moves again

Bloody hell, Melbourne isn't having a great deal of luck these days. Glad the quake wasn't a really big one.

Comment

Working...
            X