Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More ery from the Pope

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...sis-worse.html

While en route from Rome to his first stop, Cameroon, the Pope said that the condition [AIDs] was "a tragedy that cannot be overcome by money alone, that cannot be overcome through the distribution of condoms, which even aggravates the problems."
    I hope he dies a very slow and painful death of some hideous wasting disease that leaves him immobile but fully concious of the unbearable pain that wrack his final days.

More ery from the Pope

I don't quite wish that on anybody, though I find it hard not to.

On the other hand, I do hope the African Church, pace Gman, continues to pay no fucking attention to this nonsense whatsoever.

Comment

More ery from the Pope

Also Sprach Zaratoro wrote:
      I don't quite wish that on anybody, though I find it hard not to.

On the other hand, I do hope the African Church, pace Gman, continues to pay no fucking attention to this nonsense whatsoever
      Wise words. Why oh why, instead of Ratzi and his Medieval cronies, can't we have a progressive modern regime headed by Toro and G-Man? They could jointly pontificate as Rubberjohn XXIV, say.

Comment

More ery from the Pope

What's the strength of liberal/left catholicism now? My entirely cursory understanding is that JP2 did a heck of a job filling the ranks from parish priest to cardinals with people in his own image, ala Bush and the federal judiciary. On top of that, the pressure on the church demographically is from the right, politically speaking, from hispanics drifting to US-style evangelism and africans impressed by traditionalist anglicans and evangelicals.

Adding it altogether, Is ratzi the kind of pope there'll be for the forseeable future?

Comment

More ery from the Pope

There's the central American guy, Maradiaga. You may remember him as 'el primitivo', captain of Honduras in the 1982 World Cup.

Comment

More ery from the Pope

Do any Catholics ever convert to Anglicanism? Our lot lost a few over the ordination of women; they might reflect that this wasn't quite as bad as the pope's nonsense ad nauseam on this.

Comment

Working...
            X