Squirmin' vermin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirmin' vermin

Sitting in the office this morning, and I can hear a faint metallic noise over my left shoulder, seems to be coming from the heating duct..... peer closely through the grate and there's a large mouse/small rat pootling through, which immediately bolts when it spots me gurning through the grille at it.

I've put a bit of oatcake on a bent paper clip and hung it through the bars to see if I can entice it back for afternoon tea - what I'd really like is a fibre optic camera so I can see it barrelling through the pipes towards me.

One of the women who works by me said "Ooh, it'll be able to squeeze out of there through the grille - they don't have any bones, do they?" She's been mercilessly ridiculed, and we'll be naming this new genus of gelatinous, invertebrate rodents in her honour.

Squirmin' vermin

I reckon there's something in the office air, or water, or something, that stops people's brains connecting with their mouths before they speak.

A woman here in the office asked yesterday, in all seriousness:

"Is a moth an insect?"

To which the only rightful response, as you say, was cruel mocking laughter and some belming.

Comment

Squirmin' vermin

To be fair, it's sometimes hard to tell:

Comment

Squirmin' vermin

From that picture, agreed.

But as a general question? Still worthy of ridicule.

Comment

Squirmin' vermin

I thought moth was a plant with a lisp.

Comment

Squirmin' vermin

Never the less, mice and rats are reputed to be able to squeeze through very small spaces aren't they?

If you can put a pencil in a hole, a mouse can get through it. Maybe feeding it biscuits will ensure that your new rodent friend can't.

I once trapped a mouse under a cup in an office when I was working in Sweden. Most of the women in the office were concerned about the welfare of the mouse and it got released outside - it's not just the Brits who are soft about animals.

Comment

Working...
            X