DC 'thon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC 'thon?

Maybe look for something in Columbia Heights. It's on the Green Line (which is what you need for CP, I believe). It's not far from the cool stuff in Adams Morgan, etc. I think it is still mostly hispanic and known for being slightly rough, but more and more young hipster types seem to be moving there.

Comment

DC 'thon?

Good idea, although even Columbia Heights is expensive these days. I am visiting a place tomorrow in College Park that may be too cheap and nice to pass up, though.

Comment

DC 'thon?

Perhaps, but Columbia Heights has some group house opportunities, I think. You could probably get in on one of those if you don't mind the place always smelling like pot and ass.

I for one will never again live with other people, but to each his own.

Comment

DC 'thon?

Yeah, the idea of living with people is terrible, and will hopefully not happen. But budgets are budgets, and studios and 1Brs even in College Park are pricey.

Just to throw this out there: a friend is looking for a summer sublet in DC near public transport. Please be in touch if you know of anything.

Sorry for turning this into a real estate thread!

Comment

DC 'thon?

Male or female?

Comment

DC 'thon?

Female. Do you know of something?

Comment

DC 'thon?

This summer? It's a little late. What's her time frame?

A woman I work lives in a big house with a bunch of other young women in Adams Morgan. She's moving out in August and I think there's usually a lot of turnover.

Comment

DC 'thon?

Well, we finish our year late. Just finished today.

I really don't understand what she's doing...she's just graduated and I think wants to be out here to look for jobs. My guess is she wants a sublet so she won't have a long-term committment if the job search doesn't go well. She has a comically small budget.

Comment

Working...
                  X