Podgorica travel advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Podgorica travel advice

Podgorica is not exactly the cheapest place to reach, so does anyone have any experience/tips on reasonably cheap ways of reaching the Montenegro capital?

Ta

Podgorica travel advice

I think many of our Southern friends flew to Dubrovnik then used buses and taxis across the border for their recent game.

Alternatively fly via an east European hub, Prague or Budapest.

The train from Belgrade's scenic, I believe.

Comment

Podgorica travel advice

Aye, just Belgrade's almost as expensive to reach!

Dubrovnik looks like the best bet, just that Easy Jet to Dubrovnik in the middle of August is bloody expensive too!

Comment

Podgorica travel advice

Ferries to Bar go from Bari, and from Bar it's a nice short train journey to Podgorica. Ryanair flies to Bari, but you might want to take a less stressful airline and take a train within Italy. I'm sure someone else can advise better than me. Here's the ferry company:

http://www.montenegrolines.net/index_eng.html

It will take a bit longer, but might be more comfortable than a several hour bus journey from Dubrovnik in August.

Comment

Podgorica travel advice

I flew in via Vienna last year. I didn't pay for the ticket so can't tell you how much it was, but the Vienna-Podgorica leg was on some cheap-seeming subsidiary of Austrian Airlines I think. Podgorica airport is ultra modern and gleaming, but has almost no traffic.

Comment

Podgorica travel advice

i flew there via frankfurt with montenegro airlines, it was about two hundred euros return

Comment

Podgorica travel advice

From Dublin?

Comment

Podgorica travel advice

no, the frankfurt-podgorica return was about 200. i can't remember how much the aer lingus flight to frankfurt was but it would have been pretty cheap.

Comment

Podgorica travel advice

i may well be going to this jorge, thinking of budapest from gatwick (100 pounds at the moment) and training it via belgrade

Comment

Working...
                  X