Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory sticks

Great things
    I can report that the 2GB intenso memory stick can be left in your jeans pocket, put through 30 degree wash, allowed rest on a low heat radiator and, after an intense period of anguish and anxiety, it will still work.

Next week:
    Loose Cannon tries back up

Memory sticks

Yes, I've also tried the memory stick in the washing machine trick. Tried to clean it off all the viruses, ha ha and, inevitably, ha. It was no worse for wear (yeah) afterwards.

What is irritating me is the new 4GB memory stick I have. When it gets too full, my Mac refuses to read it, which means I must reformat it on a PC. Which negates the point of the thing somewhat.

Comment

Memory sticks

Every time I plug one of my memory sticks in to my laptop it says "Whoa! You want to fix and repair that, mate, before you go ahead and use it? Bad things could happen otherwise." And then when I say yes it comes wandering back in dusting its hands and says "Nah, nothing wrong with it."

Comment

Memory sticks

Mine is completely brilliant at getting itself lost and then turning up just after I've bought a new one.

Comment

Memory sticks

I've got Puppy Linux installed on an old 1GB memory stick. It's great if you just want to go on the internet – it boots up in about 20-30 seconds.

My boot times on XP just get longer and longer, no matter how many processes I remove.

Comment

Memory sticks

Talking of memory sticks, OSes, viruses and the like, is Yoggie still going? It looks like it is. Very good idea and potentially very useful. Dunno if they were affected by that mega-virus that propagated via USB sticks, a while back, though. One would hope not, obviously.

I'd be interested to know what the more technically-aware OTFers think of them (Yoggie).

Comment

Working...
            X