So, Lisbon, then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Lisbon, then

So, after hearing really good reports from friends and family, I'm popping over to Lisbon for a bit of a break from Good Friday to Easter Monday. Any quick hints, tips 'n' advice? What are the standout two or three 'must sees'? ... My plan isn't intensive, just to see a couple of the main sights, eat and drink a little and go to see Benfica and/or Sporting who I think are playing on the Saturday ...

Needless to say, if any of the Lisbon OTF crew are around and available, I'd be delighted to meet up, say hi and buy you a beer ... takers? ... Does it being Easter weekend mean the place is generally shut down, empty and closed, or are there Easter processions, celebrations etc going on?

So, Lisbon, then

I'm sure steveeeee and erwin will chip in, but here's a useful thread from the old board.

And another.

Comment

So, Lisbon, then

Sorry Lodz, I'm back in London from the 4th until the 13th.

I'm fairly sure Atletico are playing at home that weekend, so I'd advise you strongly to go and see them play.

Semana Santa doesn't exist in Portugal, it's fairly procession free as far as I can remember. Most people just go to the beach if it's hot enough.

Comment

So, Lisbon, then

I'd be up for a bevvy, certainly, lodzu ... although steveee would have been yer man for showing you around the best dives of a night in Lisbon (I don't actually live in Lisbon itself, y'see)

Speak to you nearer the time about that.

N.B. Belenenses are also at home that weekend (Vitória de Setúbal) and that would be worth a visit if it's on the Sunday afternoon - lovely stadium (though crap atmosphere).

(Having said that, I have a feeling there are no games on the Sunday out of respect for the day).

Comment

So, Lisbon, then

I was meaning to start this thread as I'm going to be there in May, for 3 nights along with my mum (birthday treat for her) and maybe a night or two on my own.

Comment

So, Lisbon, then

Cheers all. Will PM you before I set off, erwin.

Comment

So, Lisbon, then

I'll be around througout May Etienne and it would be great to meet up. I've mentioned it a few times, but try and go to Associação 25 Abril for dinner, my Mum loves going there when she comes to visit. Basically a really posh restaurant which is unbelievably cheap in a cultural centre that commemorates the revolution and celebrates all things anti-fascist, slap-band in the heart of Bairro Alto. It's something of a secret.

details here http://www.25abril.org/specific/25abril2/index.html

Comment

So, Lisbon, then

PM for steveeeeeeeee

Comment

So, Lisbon, then

Apart from the general pleasantness of its landscape and location, and the award (from me anyway) for least-identikit-corporate capital city in Europe, I would say that a highlight of a Lisbon visit is the flea market.

Comment

Working...
                  X