Judge Judy and her joke justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woke up at a ridiculous hour, at a time when there’s only so many things to watch on the telly if you don’t subscribe to all those movie channels and such.

If it isn’t Americas Funniest Home Videos, about the most unfunny thing ever, it’s yet another of those crap crime scene investigator parodies where they get the result from the DNA test done in 30min and every single compound can be traced to the only company in America distributing it. How the hell can’t they find which cave Osama is in, if the can find a microscopic remain from a bomb and trace it to a warehouse in the Las Vegas desert?

Anyway, yesterday it was Judge Judy.
    I don’t get it.
    Either way you try, it’s impossible to understand.
    First of all, don’t tell me it’s for real. It can’t be.
    But being America, I wouldn’t be surprised.
    So if it isn’t real, who the hell would want to watch it, beyond that one time to study what the hell the purpose might be and who’d buy the DVD?
    If it’s real, it’s scary.
    If it’s real, who would be insane enough to agree on having their case on TV?

Now, if it’s NOT real, who would be idiotic enough to appear no it and pretend to be an arse who’s committed a crime?

Way too many people believe that WWF wrestling is for real and no acting whatsoever, so there’s bound to be loads of people who think Judge Judy is for real.

Please tell me it’s not.

It depends what you mean by "real". It's not an actual court, but I think in principle the disputes are real enough, and the disputants sign something agreeing to treat the process as a form of binding arbitration.

There's probably a lot of made-up stuff so people can get on telly, though.

Comment

They don't do criminal cases, though, I'm pretty sure of that. I mean, how would that work?

Comment

Wrong forum, by the way.

Comment

Wyatt- I forget which paper, but one of our heavies interviewed JJ a few months ago.

Comment

Sorry i don't know how to do a link.
            Ganja,go to www.judgejudyisascam.com

Comment

VinnyBoy wrote:
              Sorry i don't know how to do a link.
              Ganja,go to www.judgejudyisascam.com
              That doesn't seem to be a sensible source. It says... "In fact there are scientific studies that say 25% of all Americans are beyond stupid!
              "

Comment

Right, I would say it's at least 40%.

Comment

I like her. I watched a 60 Minutes episode on her once, and she was exactly like she is now when she was working the 'family law' court in New York or New Jersey. The have some good footage of her tearing a strip off of dead-beat dads and whatnot. It's played up for the cameras a bit now, but she seems pretty decent overall.

Comment

WornOldMotorbike wrote:
                    I like her. I watched a 60 Minutes episode on her once, and she was exactly like she is now when she was working the 'family law' court in New York or New Jersey. The have some good footage of her tearing a strip off of dead-beat dads and whatnot. It's played up for the cameras a bit now, but she seems pretty decent overall.
                    What I saw, she seems an attention seeking loon.
                    How could anyone feel confident there will be justice served, if there's someone more in need of anger management than any of the accused doing it?

Comment

I prefer Judge Harm:

Comment

ganja wrote:
                        What I saw, she seems an attention seeking loon.
                        Sorry...got some irony all over my keyboard. Now what were you saying...

Comment

I love it. The show. Any show with any vague legal bent, I'm hooked.

Comment

TonTon wrote:
                            I love it. The show. Any show with any vague legal bent, I'm hooked.
                            Say it isn't so!
                            You need a good... hold on!
                            We could put you on a similar ludicrous trial here on OTF for that. In front of Judge... who wants to be a Judge?

Comment

Working...
                            X