Oh God NO, stop it, stop it now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me of when the local knick-knack shop was called Save-It (presumably because the owner had got hold of a shitload of carrier bags from this advertising campaign) in the 70s, changed it's name to Spend-It in the heady days of the 80s, and went back to Save-It in the early 90s.

Still, it's a bit like calling your shop 'The Miners Strike' or 'The Gulf War', isn't it?

Still, it's a bit like calling your shop 'The Miners Strike' or 'The Gulf War', isn't it?
    Er, well, not exactly , inasmuch as one would be re-naming your shop in a humourous way to suggest to people who were suffering through economic hardship that they might find cheap knock-off tat in your emporium to help them through that period, and the alternatives you propose would just be simply bizarre.

Comment

Perhaps they could have called it the 'Lack of government regulation shop'.

Comment

How about "yeah well, that's just how capitalism works"? I reckon that would do the trick.

Comment

Punchy, I like it.

Comment

I'm thinking of launching an inexpensive cereal bar called the Credit Crunch.

Comment

Working...
            X