Saturday March 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday March 14th

(By the way, let that be a warning to you, Hof. Nevertheless, hearty congratulations and I hope it all goes off in the loveliest manner possible.)

Comment

Saturday March 14th

I'm not ignoring this thread - it's just that I've got a club to go to, that night (see the 'Bedsitland' thread on the Music board) and I don't think I'd be able to handle a long day followed by a possibly-long night. Nor, for that matter, did I expect any of you football-watchers to fancy a club night afterwards. However, if I'm wrong in that assumption and you would indeed like to go electropop clubbing, then I'd be happy to see you.

Comment

Saturday March 14th

I will be nearer than you might expect, but too far. You about that week after AG?

Hof - congratulations. But you can only use that excuse the once. Don't do a Stephen Ireland...

Comment

Saturday March 14th

Nah, it's just a 1-day stop-over, dglh. In Saturday morning, out Sunday morning. Otherwise we'd definitely meet.

Comment

Saturday March 14th

Oh, I assumed this thread was about this event. I thought it was an odd topic for OTF to cover

Comment

Saturday March 14th

Best of luck to Hof, again!

TT I shall ring you when I get near the ground.

Comment

Saturday March 14th

Did you have a good time in Bucharest, AG?

Hof: I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

Comment

Saturday March 14th

I, sadly, have to interview cat-sitters this afternoon.

Have a lovely time, and good luck Wimbledon, too.

Comment

Saturday March 14th

You have to WHAT?

Did you see we've signed Kezie Ibe?

Comment

Saturday March 14th

I did, yes. Didn't he used to play for Chelmsford?

Comment

Saturday March 14th

And on the subject of cat-sitters, well, yes. My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Saturday March 14th

so Wimbledon won 2-0 and Hampton and wotsit lost, by my impulsive reckoning the league is pretty much sown up

wimbledon weren't all that great, scraping around for most of the first half but they woke up and snatched a goal either side of halftime and then could have added a couple more but didnt (partly down to one of the most feeble penalty kicks i've ever seen)

was nice to meet AG, and the usual bunch of course

Comment

Saturday March 14th

Further football-type chat in the Jon Main thread in Football

Comment

Saturday March 14th

I had a decent time in Bucharest, ad hoc, but saw almost none of it what with having to work like a dog and the meeting I was at and all. It wasn't at all what I was expecting...older and not nearly as Stalinist...actually, the lack of gargantuanism (one or two central squares and the Palace of Parliament aside) and the woods everywhere made much of it feel a little quiet and provincial, actually. I'll be back again in May...hopefully I will have time to see a little bit more.

Lovely match...hadn't been to one in five months what with the absurdly long off-season here, so it felt great just being in the stadium. 2-0 just didn'tdo it justice. Morally, the score was 4-0, at least.

200%...????

Comment

Working...
                              X